Serves meat, veg options available. Lively atmosphere. Food made from local organic products, with many veggie and vegan options. Also organic fair trade coffee. Call ahead for seasonal opening hours. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Organic, International, Non-veg

First Review by sherill
Sally1
Sally1

Amazing find

4 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

We ate here twice in June 2013. It has a mouthwatering range of vegan dishes and very friendly and helpful staff. Great salads.

Tara HD
Tara HD

Nice place, limited vegan options

3 Posted on 08 / 03 / 2012

I went there for dinner. Unfortunately, that day they only had one vegan main dish (which was a curry, so not very original since you can find an Indian restaurant nearly everywhere in the UK). They were actually very sorry about this and said they usually have more options. Anyway, the curry was good, so I left well feed and content.

veggiegoth
veggiegoth

excellent veg-friendly cafe

4 Posted on 09 / 11 / 2010

while in the isle of skye for a few days i went to arriba twice. both dishes i had were excellent. they serve non-veggie food as well so it's good if you go with a meat eating friend. it has a nice relaxing atmosphere and very friendly staff. i was happy i found a place where they had somethings i could eat in a tiny town.

jimmeh
jimmeh

Fabulous place

3 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2010

I found Skye a fairly vegan-friendly place to visit in general. There are no marked vegan options on the menu in Cafe Arriba although the waitress was patient and seemed to know what was and wasn't suitable. The place does serve meat and fish, which was a bit smelly if you're affected by that sort of thing, but I'd definitely recommend this place for vegans visiting Skye. I'm actually quite sad I can't transport it down to Glasgow - it would do well here.

Pros: Tasty food, Fabulous decor, Cosy
Cons: Fishy smell, Small
steve1999
steve1999

Excellent

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2008

Visited two during a holiday on Skye, once at lunchtime and then another evening. On both occasions the choice for vegetarians was excellent. The cafe is very popular and it is recommended that you book a table for the evening meal. If you get a table at the back you will also get views over Portree Bay

Pros: Choice
sherill
sherill

Very Accommodating

4 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2008

My fiance and I ate at the Cafe Arriba on the Isle of Skye last May and although they didn't have any vegan options available when we were there, they made us both a special vegan meal which we thoroughly enjoyed. We were quite impressed with their willingness to accommodate us. They didn't just give us a bland veggie sandwich or something like many places would have, they gave us a plate with vegan chili, a lovely salad and a delicious fritter of some kind that was sweet and a nice surprise. I would recommend this restaurant to vegetarians, vegans and just the generally health-conscious. It's a cool little place and very popular so be prepared to wait for a table at peak times.

Pros: Very Accommodating, Good food, Nice atmosphere
Cons: busy and a little crowded
Guest
Guest

Cafe Arriba portree Isl e of Skye

4 Posted on 07 / 04 / 2007

Excellent food well served at super prices. Just happened on the Cafe Arriba but what a good find. Would reccomend it to anybody

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Arriba: