Serves meat, veg options available. Specializing in Greek and Mediterranean cuisine. For vegetarians, the regular menu includes a veggie combo, a vegan combo, and a tofu combo platter, falafels & hummus, vegetarian sides, and make-your-own pasta option. On its website, menu page 7 is dedicated to "vegan and vegetarian specialties" and includes a vegan loaf, vegan mousaka, house vegan burger, charbroiled veggie wrap, tofu burrito, tofu and avocado wrap. For dessert a vegan apple loukomades. Staff will assist with veg diet requests - just ask. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, Greek, Mediterranean, American, Catering, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
1923 E Broadway (Cherry Ave)
Long Beach, California 90802
562-432-1098

Open Mon-Thur 10am-10pm, Fri 10am-11pm, Sat 8am-11pm, Sun 8am-10pm.

First Review by Veganbloke
jls
jls

Many options for everyone

4 Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

Two nights in a row while staying near the Queen Mary I ordered delivery from here. Both nights I was really satisfied. Vegan loaf & homemade vegan burger were both very delicious. Portions are large with everything we ordered. Vegans remember to ask for the apple dessert with the honey on the side or without. My omnivore wife was pleased with the gyro pita and lemon cake.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 07, 2013

Pros: variety, courteous staff, reasonable prices
Cons: late delivery first time, honey listed as vegan
halmill
halmill

Burrito Fantastico!

4 Posted on 10 / 02 / 2012

so I'm not the biggest fan of burritos but as I was biking around Long Beach yesterday morning and building up an appetite, the vegan burrito listed on the menu hanging on the vine encrusted patio wall of this cute urban escape sounded pretty tempting. I won't need to say much more than to say: THIS WAS THE BEST VEGAN (OR ANY) BURRITO I'VE EVER HAD!. I'm still fantasizing about it now. The flash-fried tofu was the key, avocados were fresh and vibrantly ripe, and the orzo filling was new for me and worked really well. I will be back.

renecoach03
renecoach03

Wonderful Experience

4 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

Myself , my husband and son (carnivores) and our vegan friend went here for dinner last night and it was wonderful! There were many vegan and vegetarian options and the waitress asked us if we wanted something either vegan or vegetarian which we much appreciated! The grilled veggie plate was divine as was the salmon salad. I was also impressed with the number of vegan and vegetarian options along side the rest of the greek menu. The atmosphere is also terrific! We sat on the patio next to a little fire pit:)!

Pros: excellent food, portions

elsapong
elsapong

Good option for lb vegans

4 Posted on 01 / 19 / 2012

Love that they have a separate vegan/vegetarian menu. The vegan loaf is to die for. That roasted tomato sauce is so good. Ask for extra sauce especially since you will have left overs cuz its pretty filling. I save my half for a sandwich and daiya cheese the next day. Great wine specials too. Skip the veg moussaka. Soy bechemel sauce is very bland.

Pros: Vegan loaf, Wine specials, Good options
Cons: Veg Moussaka
miss-mischief420
miss-mischief420

veg friendly my butt

3 Posted on 09 / 27 / 2011

we need rules as to what can be veg friendly. taking the meat out of dish does not equal veg friendly. having less than 3 dishes (not appetizers but MEALS) that are not ALREADY vegetarian does not equal veg friendly. having said that, the bread is AMAZING.

Pros: BREAD, LOCATION, PRICE
Cons: NOT VEG FRIENDLY, BIRD POO, SERVICE
TB
TB

Vegan Med in Long Beach

3 Posted on 07 / 15 / 2011

Cafe Ambrosia has a nice, big patio, a bar-like atmosphere, and great specials on mimosas ;) I have only ever had drinks and appetizers here, and they were fine. My husband had dinner here once, and to be honest, he had a horrible experience, despite the seeming vegan-friendliness of the restaurant. He ordered the vegan falafel plate, but the waitress brought the vegetarian one (which had cheese all over it) and then told him he'd "ordered wrong" and so she couldn't fix it, despite the fact that he had pointed to the vegan plate on the special vegan section of the menu. The waitress also totally bungled the order of the person he was with. I don't mind someone making a mistake, but insisting that it's the customer's fault and refusing to change it is pretty lame, so I don't know that either my husband or I will be back here. Still, it's the best option for vegan/veg Greek or Mediterranean food in Long Beach, and it's a nice location (right on Bixby Park), so give it a shot if that's what you're looking for, but maybe just place a little extra emphasis on the "vegan" aspect of your order, if that's your thing ;)

Pros: cheap mimosas
Cons: some poorly-trained waitstaff
MissyV
MissyV

Ambrosia Review

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2011

Very nice restaurant with fireplace, outdoor seating, great lighting. Very romantic and comfortable setting. Menu has a page for Vegan and Vegetarian favorites such as vegan dolmas, falafels, hummus, pita, vegan burger, tofu pita, tofu burritos, vegan loaf, vegan platter, vegan desserts. Lots of vegan options for non vegetarian restaurant.

Ordered the vegan falafels, dolmas and vegan loaf. Enjoyed their food very much. Owners are extremely nice and welcoming to vegans.

Recommend this restaurant especially for a fine dining/romantic dinner with VERY affordable pricing.

Note - park in their lot, parking is very crowded in this part of Long Beach. Do NOT park in Rite Aid parking lot, will TOW your car.

Pros: Great food and Value, Very friendly owners, Romantic setting
Veganbloke
Veganbloke

Nice ambience, cheap chambers, and vegan options

4 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

Nice little restaurant with outside tables, fairy lights and fires. Mostly med menu but menu has veggie / vegan page and staff seemed knowledgable.
$1.50 glasses of champagne!!
Had the vegan meatloaf - like a sloppy Joe and pretty tasty.

Pros: Nice ambience, Veggie/ vegan page in menu, Cheap champers

Dear Owner and Manager of Cafe Ambrosia: