Vegetarian buffet restaurant operated by Taiwanese owners. Most of the food is vegan. Food is around 30 Bolivianos per kilo. Nice and clean space. Very busy on Sunday. Please send HappyCow correct map location. Open Mon-Sun from 12pm, lunch only. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out, Bolivian
Calle Francisco de Pilar 143 (btwn Av. Melchor Pinto and Calle Ballivian)
Santa Cruz, Bolivia

Mon-Sun 12:00pm-2:30pm

First Review by VeganSoapDude

Not more than ok

Posted on 10 / 28 / 2015

I had lunch at Cada Día with my girlfriend and some friend in September 2015 and was really excited about going to a vegetarian buffet in my first days in Bolivia. However, I felt somewhat disappointed with the place. We got there around 13:30 and some dishes were already over. That was a hot day and there were some flies around the food, which combined with the general cleaning of the place made a bad impression of the whole thing. The food was not very tasty and some of the dishes were very oily. Dairy and eggs were part of many dishes so it would be hard for a vegan to get really satisfied eating there. Anyway, the price was ok (around Bs 25) and the sesame juice was good.

Pros: Good variety of dishes, Good price
Cons: Not many hot vegan dishes, Not very clean

Good food, great price, friendly owners

Posted on 06 / 16 / 2014

This restaurant's located just outside of the first ring road, between avenues Melchor Pinto and Ballivian, and is easy to miss if you're not looking.

The food was quite good, and I went here three times for lunch during my time in Santa Cruz. Like most buffets in Santa Cruz, it's best to arrive earlier rather than later as the food can go quickly and the heating tables are somewhat lacking. However, this is the same at most restaurants of this type.

There was a large variety of vegan friendly and vegetarian food, as well as good empanadas and various fried foods. The large majority of food was vegan friendly, though on my third visit I did encounter something that was certainly meat, so do watch out. However, be careful as the soy protein common in Bolivia is very hard to tell from real meat when cooked with fats--sounds like other reviewers made this mistake. The key is in the shape and slight soy taste.

The owners were very kind and friendly, but not too talkative as to keep you waiting.

One thing to think about is bringing your own drink, because this restaurant only serves juices, something I'm hesitant to drink in Bolivia.

Pros: 37BOB a kilo, Large variety and good food, Not touristy
Cons: Real meat is sometimes served (rare), Bring your own drink

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

After reading the other two reviews for this restaurant I admit I had great expectations. After all, I had great taiwanese vegan food in Argentina and even in my own city (Porto Alegre) there are some very good taiwanese veg buffets. We arrived there a little before noon but the restaurant wouldn't open its doors until 12:15 and even then the buffet still wasn't completely served, it took fifteen more minutes for the food to be served. And then it was chaos. People looked desperate to get to the food and kept bumping into my girlfriend and me. The owner wasn't very helpful when I asked what did contain dairy and eggs. First he said only one of the dishes had eggs, and when I questioned him about another one he said that that also contained eggs.
The food was tasteless, and cold ('cause after we filled our plates we had to wait several minutes in a queue to weight the food). The only thing more flavourful was an aubergine salad, but probably only because it was fried and salty.
For that alone I would give the lowest rating. But despite all that we had a fried empanada that contained something incredibly similar to meat. I asked what was inside and they said "soy meat and vegetables", but the fat in my mouth and my instincts said otherwise. But why would they lie?
If you have no other option, you can eat there, but keep to the dishes in which you can identify the ingredients. If you have access to a kitchen I'd recommend that you cook your own food.

Pros: Cheap, Extensive buffet
Cons: Tasteless food, Disorganized, Not 100% vegan

Awesome - best veg food in Bolivia

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

I tried everything in the buffet, and that was a TON of things, and it was all awesome. I even took some to go because I wanted the people I was staying with to try it. Very good authentic Taiwanese and good price. Nice atmosphere also! Def. check this one out.

Pros: delicious, take out possible, reasonable price
Cons: none!

Great Vegan Selection!

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2009

This place is a little out of the way from the central area, but well worth the journey. The wonderful Taiwanese owner is very friendly and there is definitley more vegan food on the menu than not. The food is similar to the Taiwanese vegetarian buffets in Argentina, but even better. If you're in Santa Cruz, you should definitely check this out!

Pros: Lots of good selection, Mostly Vegan, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Cada Dia: