Cada Dia

Vegetarian buffet restaurant operated by Taiwanese owners. Most of the food is vegan. Food is around 30 Bolivianos per kilo. Nice and clean space. Very busy on Sunday. Please send HappyCow correct map location. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Bolivian, Chinese, Buffet, Take-out
Calle Francisco de Pilar 143 (btwn Av. Melchor Pinto and Calle Ballivian)
Santa Cruz, Bolivia
03-330947

Open Mon-Sun from 12pm, lunch only.

First Review by VeganSoapDude
Marcelo
Marcelo

Disappointing

2 Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

After reading the other two reviews for this restaurant I admit I had great expectations. After all, I had great taiwanese vegan food in Argentina and even in my own city (Porto Alegre) there are some very good taiwanese veg buffets. We arrived there a little before noon but the restaurant wouldn't open its doors until 12:15 and even then the buffet still wasn't completely served, it took fifteen more minutes for the food to be served. And then it was chaos. People looked desperate to get to the food and kept bumping into my girlfriend and me. The owner wasn't very helpful when I asked what did contain dairy and eggs. First he said only one of the dishes had eggs, and when I questioned him about another one he said that that also contained eggs.
The food was tasteless, and cold ('cause after we filled our plates we had to wait several minutes in a queue to weight the food). The only thing more flavourful was an aubergine salad, but probably only because it was fried and salty.
For that alone I would give the lowest rating. But despite all that we had a fried empanada that contained something incredibly similar to meat. I asked what was inside and they said "soy meat and vegetables", but the fat in my mouth and my instincts said otherwise. But why would they lie?
If you have no other option, you can eat there, but keep to the dishes in which you can identify the ingredients. If you have access to a kitchen I'd recommend that you cook your own food.

Pros: Cheap, Extensive buffet
Cons: Tasteless food, Disorganized, Not 100% vegan
iceicekati
iceicekati

Awesome - best veg food in Bolivia

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

I tried everything in the buffet, and that was a TON of things, and it was all awesome. I even took some to go because I wanted the people I was staying with to try it. Very good authentic Taiwanese and good price. Nice atmosphere also! Def. check this one out.

Pros: delicious, take out possible, reasonable price
Cons: none!
VeganSoapDude
VeganSoapDude

Great Vegan Selection!

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2009

This place is a little out of the way from the central area, but well worth the journey. The wonderful Taiwanese owner is very friendly and there is definitley more vegan food on the menu than not. The food is similar to the Taiwanese vegetarian buffets in Argentina, but even better. If you're in Santa Cruz, you should definitely check this out!

Pros: Lots of good selection, Mostly Vegan, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Not 100% Vegan

Dear Owner and Manager of Cada Dia: