C is for Cookie

Serves meat, veg options available. Little cozy cafe downtown Reykjavik. They offer vegan soup and at least one vegan cake all the time. Half of the menu is vegetarian. Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Non-veg

eravencroft
eravencroft

C is for Cutie

4 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2014

That's what my wife has to say about Anna anyway! Great coffee, great atmosphere, great cookies. First morning I had a slice of vegan mixed berry pie fresh out of the oven. Second morning I was feeling a bit more savory and had a made to order tofu sandwich. As the previous reviewer mentioned, it's listed with cheese. I had them substitute with grilled onion, mushroom and tomato and I'm pretty convinced it's the best breakfast sandwich you can get in Reykjavik.

Pros: Anna is awesome, Cookies are delicious, Grilled Tofu is outstanding
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Good coffee stop

4 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2014

Iceland LOVES coffee- it's even given away free in strange places like supermarkets (I guess for when it gets really cold, who knows?).

Anyway, their coffee is indeed delightful- yummy big lattes, in nice big mugs made by a proper barista that knows how to make good coffee with soy!

I also got a take away tofu sandiwich- they substituted and put some hummus in it for me (I can't remember what was on the menu, possibly cheese?) but either way, the chef came out and spoke to me/ checked exactly what I wanted which I appreciated =)

Downside is very few seats- so you may need to wait a bit OR try coming back a bit later, etc! I saw a few cakes/treats but didn't try any.

Pros: Great coffee, cozy/warm, Knowledgeable staff
Cons: few seats, avoid peak times!
Meggie and Ben
Meggie and Ben

Good breakfast and cake

4 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2013

Great place to go for breakfast or brunch. Their tofu sandwich is really good--they actually know how to cook tofu! They also have scrambled tofu and hummus toast. They have good coffee and soy milk. Staff is knowledgeable about what is vegan and their carrot cake is delicious.

Pros: Great tofu, carrot cake, soy milk for coffee
Cons: No vegan entrees
veganjess86
veganjess86

great latte

3 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2013

I had an awesome soy latte with vegan chocolate on top. They had several vegan options, savory and sweet. I had the carrot cake. It wasn't that great but not terrible, dry with really sugary icing. Go here for a coffee tho, free wifi and a nice atmosphere.

Pros: coffee
vegetariangirl
vegetariangirl

terrific!

4 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2012

I would give it 5 stars if the app would allow it. Had a great vegan grilled tofu sandwich, vegan carrot cat and soy latte. Also got a great chocolate chip cookie to go. Had three vegan dessert choices! Great spot and great to find tofu!

Pros: tofu, vegan desserts, soy latte

Marian0123
Marian0123

Pleasant cafe

4 Posted on 07 / 07 / 2012

Really charming cafe, perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up! Really good strong americanos!

Pros: Location, Ambiance
Cons: No vegan desserts
scout75
scout75

Excellent grilled tofu sandwich

4 Posted on 04 / 29 / 2012

A lovely, cosy cafe with great soy lattes and delicious, if somewhat limited, vegan options. I ordered the tofu sandwich without the cheese and was asked right away if I was vegan and would like mushrooms on it instead. The staff were friendly and super accommodating, and the sandwich was great! Highly recommended. You may not find lots of vegan options here, but a lovely cafe nonetheless.

Pros: vegan options, cheap!, friendly staff
Cons: limited menu
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

No cookies!

2 Posted on 06 / 27 / 2011

I was super hoping this place was going to sell vegan cookies, but no suck luck. We had the one tofu dish on the menu (chalkboard menu so I'm sure it changes) but the entire place is egg & cheese, which is just liquid meat. Its a nice coffee house type feel of a place just a street away from the main drag to the cathedral. Very busy, too. I didn't see the vegan cake, but will check again tomorrow!

Pros: one vegan item
Cons: all egg and cheese, no cookies
  • miaumiau miaumiau

I think you just had a bad luck with the cookies - they usually have some selection of vegan ones, like peanut butter pillows or raisin&oatmeal cookies. Also four out of their seven cakes are dairy-free, which in my opinion is quite decent for a non-vegan café. They just don't state it anywhere so it's better to ask. And their soups are always vegan.

• eric eric

Hey gr8vegan, Hope you're having a great time over there.
    Let us know if you think this place should be removed, ok?

• gr8vegan gr8vegan

yeah i went back and had an outstanding apple pie! Just tofu sandwiches that day and no vegan soup and the cookies they had all had chocolate chips with dairy, but really a chill wonderful friendly place, I just wish they had more vegan food!

• gr8vegan gr8vegan

nah, the more listings the merrier here. Vegetarians will be in heaven.

Dear Owner and Manager of C is for Cookie: