Serves meat, veg options available. Lebanese restaurant. Mostly meat menu but also with many vegetarian and vegan options, although nothing is labelled as such. Falafel, humus, salads, and others. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Non-veg
Manuel Estrada 1, Oviedo
Oviedo, Spain 33006

First Review by TofuCelt
TofuCelt
TofuCelt

Worth the search

4 Posted on 03 / 18 / 2013

I was a bit reluctant to go here as I had seen no other reviews on it. However, as Spain, particularly the north, is renowned for it's terrible selection of vegetarian foods, I thought that I would give it a try. I was sick of having boring basic foods like pasta, pizza and omlette/tortilla.

It is a bit out of the centre and is seems to be part of an apartment block. It is also down a darkish dead-end residential street. It is also not well lit up so may be a bit difficult for some people to find. But if you are good at map-reading, you should have no difficulty. Inside, the place is quite nice, much nicer looking than the basic drap red-brick outer facade. The staff are fairly friendly, particularly the male waiter who brings the food to your table.

There is a good selection of both vegan and vegetarian Arab foods, typical of the Middle-East. Most you will be probably familiar with and will not need much explanation. The food was good quality and with much variants. My two meat-eating friends ate very well too. The only thing I did not really like was the Mousakka. I am not a big fan of finding big peas or beans in my meal, but if you like them, then you'd probably enjoy it more. For me, I like to see them mushed up and a bit 'hidden' in the dish. The Mousakka, although tasty, was the worst one I have tasted. That is not to say it tasted bad. In fact, it tasted good. But just not as good as any of the ones I have tried elsewhere. But that could be more to do with my dislike of finding big chick peas in my meal.

The staff, particularly the male waiter, are very friendly and polite, typical of Middle-Eatern Arabs. The price of the meal was fair too and the place opens quite late in case you arrive into the city quite late.

Pros: Good choice, Nice Service, Fair price
Cons: Out of centre, May be difficult to find, Badly lit

Dear Owner and Manager of Byblos: