Set in a traditional Korean home front of Je-il 4cha apartments is this 별화 vegetarian restaurant. Menu of just a few set meals at around W10,000 each, of which some are vegan or can be made vegan. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Korean
802-6 Yongding Dong
Iksan, South Korea

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by smithintaiwan
Ms_ J
Ms_ J

Nice Traditional Korean Resturant

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

I had dinner here with a friend and we really enjoyed it. From the set menu I tried the 콩나물밥 (Soybean Sprout Bibimbap)and my friend had some kind of potato soup, but I don't remember the name. If I visit again I will order the potato soup, it was amazing! If you are looking for a western style restaurant that caters to foreigners with English menus and English speaking staff then this is not the place for you. However if you enjoy traditional Korean restaurants,food, and tea I would defiantly recommend this place.

Pros: Simple Menu, Traditinal Korean Ambiance
smithintaiwan
smithintaiwan

Beautiful little veg restaurant

Posted on 07 / 07 / 2014

It was a real surprise to find this beautiful little restaurant in Yiksan. My friends from Wonkwang University took us there for dinner, but they didn't even know it was completely vegetarian until we asked which meals were veg. The restaurant is simply referred to as a "traditional" restaurant.
The building is a relatively newly constructed Hanok-style house with plenty of wood and (I think) no Western-style seating. Of course, if you're in Yiksan, you're probably used to Korean food and seating already.
The servings were not especially large, but each was carefully prepared and offered flavors surprisingly different from most Korean restaurants. And great value. You certainly wouldn't find such a good meal in Seoul for W10,000.

Pros: great food, beautiful building, relatively inexpensive
Cons: no English menu, only Korean sitting

Dear Owner and Manager of Byal Hua: