CLOSED: Bveg

Vegetarian bistro offering a variety of fresh dishes (with vegan options) made with local produce, centrifuge juices and a selection of artisan Italian beers. Cozy environment. Wi-fi. MAR 2014 REPORTED SHUT, REPLACED BY A BAR. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Italian, Juice bar, Salad bar, Beer/Wine
Via Orti Oricellari 6/R (Via della Scala)
Florence, Italy 50123

wyrd
wyrd

not there anymore

3 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2014

I went there tonight, but find a pub instead (MaxPub)...

I guess the Bveg was once there, but it has gone now.

I didn't even enter, as the name of the place was different, and it appeared to be a pub.

Ok, I just did some research and I found out that the people running the MaxPub are the same who were running the BVeg. On their facebook page I read "Bveg is dead, long live Maxpub", and they added "So long, mythical unappreciated vegetarian restaurant".

So it is official, the Bveg is not there anymore.

Updated from previous review on Monday April 07, 2014

jencompgeek
jencompgeek

Nice beer selection

5 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2013

We had dinner here on a Friday night after we couldn't get into Dolce Vegan without a reservation. I am so glad we did! The waiter was incredibly friendly and brought the perfect craft beer recommendations for us. The vegan dishes were clearly labeled. The seitan burgers were excellent, as were the potatoes with breadcrumbs we got as side dishes. The bill was quite reasonable as well. Highly recommended!

Pros: vegan, craft beer, friendly
JenniferKoukla
JenniferKoukla
  • herbivore

Cute Healthy Cafe

5 Posted on 11 / 12 / 2013

I really enjoyed this cafe. Very casual and relaxed atmosphere. The kind of place you could come with your laptop or a book and hang out. I ate the vegan baguette sandwich with curry tofu, crispy vegetables and whole wheat bread, very good quality.

Pros: Quality, Vegan Options, Relaxed Atmosphere

VanessaHeld
VanessaHeld

Friendly, delicious and good value

5 Posted on 10 / 10 / 2012

We had a great evening at Bveg. The food and beers were amazing and staff was very helpful and friendly. They offer plenty of vegetarian and vegan traditional Italian dishes and products are local. We loved the relaxed atmosphere, the music, the books and the overall feel. Prices are very reasonable. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Florence.

Pros: excellent food and beers, friendly staff, great value

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bveg: