Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe serving soups, salads, cakes, juices, tea & coffee. Has vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Salad bar, Juice bar, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg
15 Malling St (Cliffe High St)
Lewes, England BN7 2RA

Mon-Sat 10:00am-4:00pm

First Review by CoralieTiffin

great place

Posted on 06 / 19 / 2015

I come here all the time. Very friendly and delicious food always.

Charming, although service a little patchy

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

This is a sweet little place with tables in a courtyard as well as indoors. On the day I visited there were four or five dishes available, one of which was chicken and the rest were vegetarian or vegan. There was also a great selection of teas, coffees and juices and there were at least two vegan desserts. I had red pepper soup, which was really tasty, followed by vegan chocolate cake. I think the cake had aubergine (eggplant) in it, and I didn't like it very much. However, I don't know what the rest of the desserts were like. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we first arrived, but after we finished our main courses no one came over to see whether we wanted anything else or to pay the bill so after waiting a while we went and asked for dessert which arrived quickly. Not a major problem, but a little disappointing. Overall, however, I loved the place and the atmosphere and would definitely visit again and recommend it.

Pros: Good food inc vegan dishes, Pretty and atmospheric, Good value
Cons: Service a little uneven

Dear Owner and Manager of Buttercup Cafe: