Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe serving soups, salads, cakes, juices, tea & coffee. Has vegan options. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Juice bar, Salad bar, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
15 Malling St (Cliffe High St)
Lewes, England BN7 2RA
01273-477664

Open Mon-Sat 10am-4pm, closed Sun.

First Review by CoralieTiffin
CoralieTiffin
CoralieTiffin

Charming, although service a little patchy

4 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

This is a sweet little place with tables in a courtyard as well as indoors. On the day I visited there were four or five dishes available, one of which was chicken and the rest were vegetarian or vegan. There was also a great selection of teas, coffees and juices and there were at least two vegan desserts. I had red pepper soup, which was really tasty, followed by vegan chocolate cake. I think the cake had aubergine (eggplant) in it, and I didn't like it very much. However, I don't know what the rest of the desserts were like. The staff were very friendly and helpful when we first arrived, but after we finished our main courses no one came over to see whether we wanted anything else or to pay the bill so after waiting a while we went and asked for dessert which arrived quickly. Not a major problem, but a little disappointing. Overall, however, I loved the place and the atmosphere and would definitely visit again and recommend it.

Pros: Good food inc vegan dishes, Pretty and atmospheric, Good value
Cons: Service a little uneven

Dear Owner and Manager of Buttercup Cafe: