Montreal vegetarian restaurant. Small shop, small menu. Large burritos come with chips and salsa. Has Interac. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Organic, Mexican, Take-out

First Review by beetsobriety
JonJon
JonJon

Great for lunch!

4 Posted on 08 / 16 / 2014

I've eaten here numerous times for lunch since the menu is good and inexpensive. The place is nice and has free wifi. The staff is friendly and helpful, the atmosphere is casual. The menu includes a burrito, a taco or a quesadilla, crisps and guacamole or salsa or a soup (that is always vegan). Every dish is veganisable by replacing cheese by guacamole or salsa when you order. However, there was not a lot of vegan choices for dessert.

I recommend the place for a quick and good bite!

Pros: good food, veganisable, decent prices, pleasant place, friendly staff
Cons: few vegan desserts
Grabsy
Grabsy

Yummy burritos

4 Posted on 11 / 27 / 2013

Burritoville is a great place to have lunch. Three different burritos, three quesadillas, and three tacos to choose from. Cheese in any item can be replaced with quac or sweet potato at no extra cost. They also serve homemade chips and salsa, salad and soup. Very friendly staff, wholesome filling food, and a cute bohemian atmosphere. Get the sweet potato burrito - you won't regret it!

Pros: mostly organic, cute atmosphere, great staff
Cons: small menu, closed mondays
teal_ocean
teal_ocean

Unsanitary

2 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

Our server/food maker sneezed several time while making our Burritos and used his hands to catch it. I really couldn't eat there ever again as it was a very unpleasant experience--and we had gone out of our way to visit.

Cons: unclean staff

Happy Traveler
Happy Traveler

Great Food, Great Beverages

5 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2010

Review: We love this place, very good food, excellent value. We stop by whenever we visit Montreal. Great staff, everyone is always friendly. Also excellent organic teas and coffee.

Regarding a reviewer's 2008 comment that the restaurant wasn't clean enough - that was in a different and very small location, they moved in 2009 to where they are now located, they completely renovated it but they kept all of the original woodwork of the 100 year old home that it once was - very relaxing atmosphere.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff, Real iced teas
Cons: Stairs
Poppy Seed
Poppy Seed

Not bad...

3 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2010

The food was all vegetarian with some vegan options. The menu is not extensive and maybe half of it could be made vegan. They also had some vegan baked goods (ask to make sure they are vegan). A fun place to eat at, but I wouldn't describe it as exceptional.

Pros: fresh ingredients, vegan-friendly, some vegan baked goods
Cons: small menu, mediocre options
Ilovecows
Ilovecows

Good location

3 Posted on 04 / 23 / 2010

It is nice to know that there is another vegetarian option other than Le Commensal in the downtown area.
I was just a bit turned off to see that the servers would use their hands to serve the Nacho chips and handling money at the same time.
I guess I am one of the only people who pays attention to these things.

Pros: Good Location, Reasonable price
TRaeCH
TRaeCH

Like coming home to a delicious meal

4 Posted on 04 / 09 / 2010

I have been to Burritoville many times and it never disappoints. Maybe it's because of the location - literally across the street from the "downtown hub" of Concordia University - but I find myself craving their food from time to time.

Portions, as mentioned in other reviews, are quite large. They offer a few types of burritos as well as enchiladas and such. The sweet potato burrito is my personal favourite while the spinach enchiladas are very good as well. I usually get a serving of quinoa salad with my meals; it's not exceptional - maybe a bit too much lemon - but it's so healthy I can't resist.

I would also like to underscore that the restaurant, in my experience, is not the least bit "dirty." It has a very communal, lived in feel. They intend for it and I enjoy it. At Burritoville you feel at home and among friends. They have, upstairs and down, space for music acts. The upstairs also has a bar and art on display.

Another upside is their commitment to reducing waste whereby patrons can separate compost from garbage from recyclables.

Pros: Sustainable, Delicious, Vibe
Cons: not open Sundays
LaVanessa
LaVanessa

miam miam miam

5 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2010

been here twice now and i love it! the first time, i had just two sides of grilled veggies and a vegan cookie; today i had the sweet potato quesadilla sans fromage. it was magnificent. friendly staff, relaxed ambience, great prices. i'll be back.

Pros: healthy, cheap, relaxed
Jessica O
Jessica O

Very Nice

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2010

I'd been waiting to go to this restaurant for a long time and finally got a chance to go today!

I ordered the sweet potato burrito without a combo. It was nice, but I would have liked if they had some veggie (tomato, lettuce, etc) options to add to the dishes. Not bland, but not as lively flavour as I'd like. But, it was really good. I'd give the food 6/10 but including the atmosphere and staff, I'd give the restaurant altogether an 8/10.

Pros: good price and portions, nice food, nice staff and atmosphere
Cons: small menu, not enough veggies
Begonia
Begonia

Menu indeed small

3 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2009

My friend and I had the burrito combo. Mine (the sweet potato one) was very good, and just at the limit of being too spicy. My friend, however, had digestive upsets after eating his, a spicier one. The beans used weren't all that fresh. Also I would have appreciated soup, more in the way of salads and greens, perhaps a juice or two instead of all the speciality teas, and some items that are not spicy. (Guacamole sfor example or a tofu cream cheese dip.) Service was minimal and could have been friendlier the day we were there. It was noisy at first but we asked them to turn the sound system down and they obliged.

Pros: Good food , Vegan friendly
Cons: Friend had digestive upsets, Items missing on menu , Noisy at first
cookiemonster
cookiemonster

Fun, Cheap, Friendly

4 Posted on 06 / 30 / 2009

I used to go here quite often in NDG and apparently they are closing the NDG location and focusing only on the new downtown restaurant. I suppose that makes sense but I have to say I always was happier when I ate in NDG... smaller, friendlier, and seemed to taste better.

That being said, this place is fun, they have good chips and ok salsa. They also have delicious cookies. It is wonderful that they are local and organic and the burritos are a nice, big, filling size. The staff is friendly and the prices are good.

Honestly, if they worked on the salsa a bit it could make me a regular of this place. As is, when I need my salsa/chip fix I go to Los Classicos on st-laurent. However, it is located right by Concordia, is cheap and pretty great. Check it out.

Pros: Cheap, Fun
janey
janey

delicious cozy and locally grown ingredients

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2008

Three of us went ate in at a cozy table. The place was full and family friendly (they had at least one highchair) We had an infant and there was a toddler at another table. Everyone enjoyed our burritos which were large and made fresh. The place seemed very clean when we were there. I have recommended Burritoville to friends and I would definitely go back.

Pros: healthy, locally grown, large portions
Cons: small space, not cheap
beetsobriety
beetsobriety

Deeeelicious

4 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2007

I've never seen anything to make me think this place is dirty. The kitchen is very visible from the dining room and space is at a premium. Great atmosphere, lots of books you can take out at your whim, and a good posting spot for local events. Feels very much a part of the eclectic neighborhood. Not to mention the food which is tasty, fresh, healthy and by far the best burritos in NDG if not the city. Service is a little slow, but friendly and portions are HUGE (my friend and I split a quesadilla and a sweet potato burrito). My favorite is the taco platter. Very popular with the Concordia population.

Pros: tacos, organic ingredients, library
Cons: slow-ish service, small dining room
Guest
Guest

Spicy. yummmy.

4 Posted on 03 / 03 / 2007

it was for a take-out order but the place looks cozy and quiet.
its small but a nice atmosphere & the guy who was the staff there was very friendly and nice. The menu is quite small but lots of good sounding choices, two different kinds of burritos, two different kinds of taco plates as well as quasadillas, sides and drinks. the prices arent too bad either. cash only though.
the burritos are HUGE and come with chips and salsa.

Dear Owner and Manager of Burritoville: