Burrito Gallery Express

Serves meat, veg options available. Casual fast food place offering a teriyaki tofu burrito, a grilled veggie burrito, tofu tacos, bean tacos, in-house-made guacamole and green salsa. Vegans need to ask to omit cheese and sub chips for coleslaw. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Tex-Mex, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Soykid
Soykid
Soykid

Not 100% VEGAN Friendly!

1 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2012

I've eaten here many times with my husband; we're both hardcore vegans. So, if your vegan I would steer clear of this place because they cook their tofu on the same grill as the meat. I've had chunks of beef and chicken fat in my ginger, teriyaki, tofu tacos/burritos repeatedly even after they told me they cleaned the grill. They lied. HOWEVER the Burrito Gallery downtown on East Adams street IS very much vegan friendly. The downtown location has a separate grill and a much more knowledgable staff regarding veganism.
Updated from previous review on Thursday July 26, 2012

Pros: Cheap
Cons: Rude Staff, Not Vegan, No A/C

Dear Owner and Manager of Burrito Gallery Express: