Mexican and Tex-Mex street food in a trendy, diner style eatery. Offers burritos, quesadilla, and tacos along with extras such as salad, rice, and beans. Offers children portions and a small selection of desserts. Sauces and beans are made-in-house. Most menu items could be made vegan, and the staff is knowledgeable about veganism. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Mexican, Tex-Mex

Vegan_Lou
Vegan_Lou

Massive Burritos

Posted on 08 / 03 / 2014

The burritos are massive. Don't wimp out on a taco. have a light lunch before hand and enjoy. The place is small but that's a good thing. If it were bigger you'd have a greater chance of a Cold Play fan sitting near you.

Pros: tasty veg*n food, cheap, cool staff
vegetariandood
vegetariandood

Great vegan and vegetarian burritos.

Posted on 06 / 05 / 2014

Great vegan and vegetarian burritos.

Pros: Tastes great
Cons: sometimes...very...very...slow
Marie Berlin
Marie Berlin

My favourite burritos in town

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Realy small restaurant - so sometimes it's quite hard to find a table. Also it can take up to 50 minutes to get your food in the rush hour. But the burritos tast fantastic - they are filling and yummy! My favorit one is the Hot Mama Burrito. Also a must is the nacho plate - you can't eat it on our own!

Pros: Great burritos, Yummy Nacho Plate
Cons: Tiny place

Neridah
Neridah

Decent burritos

Posted on 09 / 22 / 2013

Decent burritos, although there is only one standard vegan option, with the rest veganisable (generally for an extra cost).

Pros: Vegan burritos, Indoor & outdoor seating
Cons: Extra fee to make most burritos vegan
losthighway
losthighway

Awesome burritos

Posted on 08 / 19 / 2013

This place is great. The burritos are delicious and the vibe is nice and chill.

My only issue is the last time I was there I ordered a vegan Scharfe Mama burrito. In order to veganize it they took out the cheese and sour cream to replace it with cashew creme. They charged 50c extra for this, which I thought was a little uncool. Next time I think I'll just tell them to leave the cashew creme out, but it would be nice if vegans could have their option at the same price as every one else.

Other than that the burritos are excellent and really huge portions. The Scharfe Mama wasn't exactly spicy enough for me, but they have a pretty wide selection of hot sauces behind the counter if you ask for them!

Pros: Great food, Huge portions
J-Veg
J-Veg

Good Tex-Mex in a chilled-out atmosphere

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2013

This place is worth a visit for sure.

Two of us went there for dinner after reading about it in an ex-pat magazine. It's not very big inside and the atmosphere is quite cosy and relaxed. It's great that it's 100% veggie :-)

We both had burritos - me the "Vegan Hit" and my fellow diner the "BBB". I was really impressed with mine and really enjoyed it. It was a really good consistency and had a good mix of beans, grilled veg, TVP, salsa, rice, cashew butter and salad.

The "BBB" wasn't so good. Since the "BBB" comes with sour cream and cheese, you can veganise it for 50 cents extra, meaning they replace the cheese and cream with cashew butter. We also asked for extra guacamole (because we love it!) but when it came, we couldn't really taste the cashew butter or guacamole.

For dessert, we had 'chocolate banana', which was basically a banana covered in melted chocolate then frozen. It was delicious!

There was a lot of variety on the menu so I'd be interested to go back and try the other stuff. The staff were also very friendly and helpful; we actually got the dessert for free because we told him we weren't totally satisfied with one of the burritos.

I would recommend it if you're in the area. I can't say fairly how it rates compared to the many other vegan burritos in Berlin, but I will certainly be going back to try it again!

Pros: Relatively inexpensive, Really laid-back and welcoming, Good choice of 100% veggie burritos!

Dear Owner and Manager of Burrito Baby: