Serves meat, veg options available. A small, two level fast food burger and chips joint. Offers two vegetarian/vegan burgers, one is a spicy beanburger, the other a veggie mince. Though not labeled, the majority of the sauces and toppings are vegan friendly, and soya milk is used to make the tobacco onions. The seasoning on the fries is suitable for veggies but not vegans so be sure to mention specific dietary requirements. Sit in or take away. Closed Sun. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg
75 Botanic Avenue (University)
Belfast, Northern Ireland BT7 1LJ

Mon-Sat 11:30am-9:30pm

• Cash only

First Review by missgrim
dk1212
dk1212

Best veggie burger I ever had

Posted on 06 / 08 / 2015

This place does the best veggie burger I have ever had!

I am not normally a fan of veggie burgers to be honest, but this place has perfected it. I've tried shopping around, as well as coming up with a similar recipe to cook at home when my family has a BBQ etc. But I just haven't come close to Build a Burgers.

As well as the veggie burger, they also do a very tasty vegan bean burger.

The staff are quite friendly and helpful, I would highly recommend it.

I would give this place a 5, but I can't.

CompationateLouis
CompationateLouis

Superb burgers

Posted on 04 / 19 / 2015

One of the best Vegan burgers I've ever had. The added salad was brilliant and the staff treated me, asking for it all to be vegan, like it was normal. If going to Belfast again I would eat there again.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great ingredients , 2 Veggie burgers
weblybowles
weblybowles

Fantastic!

Posted on 12 / 11 / 2014

Just as everyone has said - two vegan burgers and they will make fries just for vegans. I doubt you could make the same burger twice because of how many toppings they have. The extra seating up stairs is nice when it's busy.

Pros: Price, Options

primitiu
primitiu

ful(l)filled

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

i went here for lunch today after reading the earlier reviews in happy cow and they are spot on. the staff i spoke to really get what vegans are. the woman took time to explain which sauces were vegan and offered a sample of the tobacco onions. (tasty!)
i must add that i've got a big appetite but after the burger and chips i came out fulfilled.

Pros: staff knowledge, 2 vegan options, big burgers, big chips
Cons: serves up dead animals, only 2 vegan options
straightedgers
straightedgers

Are you Vegan or Vegetarian?

Posted on 04 / 30 / 2014

I am blown away. At this burger bar there are 2 different vegan burger options. Granted neither of them are that amazing (one spicy bean and one plain soy), but still. The toppings you can have are insane. So many combinations. The chips are NOT VEGAN due to the topping they sprinkle on, but when you order a Vegan burger they ask if you are Vegan and will automatically make you Vegan chips!! Now that is service. They won't let you choose non-Vegan toppings either - they are extremely knowledgeable and say they serve many many Vegans over the course of a week.

Julia*
Julia*

huge burger and chips for £5

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2013

This was the first restaurant in which I was asked if I was a vegan or a vegetarian, I was amazed! The burgers are really nice and you can add as many vegetables/ sauces etc as you want. Burger + chips for £5, great price!

Pros: vegan options, great selection, friendly staff
Guest
Guest

100% recommended !

Posted on 07 / 17 / 2012

After finding Build a Burger through happycow.net I decided to go along and give them a go. Now, a week later, I have been to Build a Burger 3 times already! The staff are super friendly, 100% vegan+vegetarian accommodating and even better, it's actually NICE vegan and vegetarian food ! Not soggy cardboard! I highly recommend this restaurant to all vegetarians and vegans when you're in Belfast !

Oh and almost forgot to mention just how affordable the food is ! And fresh ! For £5 you get a burger, freshly made chips (REAL chips) and a drink ! All the food is fresh that day and made in store daily.

*****Please note I wanted to give 5 stars not 4 ( : ******

Pros: Affordable, Friendly staff, Fresh food

Dear Owner and Manager of Build a Burger: