Bueno Y Sano

Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food restaurant with several locations. Has seitan, tofu, and mixed grilled veggies as filling choice - ask if you don't see one on the regular menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MtnMan
MtnMan
MtnMan

Love this place

4 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

Easiest place around to grab a veg dish on the go. Burritos are delicious, they offer meat substitutes including a BBQ Seitan. Vegans just ask for no cheese as they add it automatically in burritos. I love the "Salvadoran" which is grilled veggies, black beans, rice and I'll ask for guacamole in it. Their salsa and chips are delicious as well. Very friendly, reasonable prices, and big portions (or get the small burrito and save your tummy).

Pros: Vegan options, Friendly, Big Filling Burritos
Guest
Guest

Tex-Mex Food con Muchas Opciones Vegetarianas!

4 Posted on 03 / 09 / 2013

The food at Bueno y Sano is really fresh and delicious. They serve vegetarian beans (black or pinto) and brown rice, and the option of tofu or seitan for burrito and soft taco fillings--or as salad toppings. The only things missing are vegan cheese and sour cream.

I've watched them sautée my seitan in a separate pan. They clean the pans by turning them over on a high flame so everything is burned out. Not separate cookware, so you'll have to decide if this is okay for you.

They're very careful with orders, and I've never accidentally gotten dairy or anything non-vegan in my food. This is important to me, of course.

Prices are moderate, and the portions are generous and full of healthy stuff.

In Northampton, there are many veg*an options, and it's nice to have the variety. I eat at B y S often.

Pros: Seitan and tofu available, Middle of downtown, Careful with orders

Dear Owner and Manager of Bueno Y Sano: