Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food restaurant with several locations. Has seitan, tofu, and mixed grilled veggies as filling choice - ask if you don't see one on the menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Mexican, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sloweducation
HappyGardener123
HappyGardener123

meh

2 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2014

I've never been impressed. I have friends who love bueno (it's a chain restaurant) but they all eat meat so maybe that's part of it. Nothing is particularly flavorful or interesting. I'll eat here if it's where the crew decides to go but I would never choose it on my own. With so many great restaurants in the area, skip bueno.

Sarah P
Sarah P

Good fast food

4 Posted on 07 / 31 / 2013

I do love Bueno, even though in the past cheese was sometimes added to my burrito. In the past couple of years as I have learned to be very clear when ordering I have not had any mishaps with my burritos. Whole wheat wraps are available upon request, and I often make multiple requests with my burritos such as to not include any rice or cheese. I love the options for fillings and find the sautéed spinach and garlic the most tasty addition. Tofu is also available to add into burritos. Bueno Is a great option for relatively fast, relatively inexpensive, and always ample portions.

Pros: Large portions, Fast service most of the time, Fat Tuesdays: Grande burritos for regular $
Cons: Past issues with cheese added to burritos, You must be clear when ordering your specification
RayneTupelo
RayneTupelo

Great food, large portions!

4 Posted on 11 / 14 / 2012

I love this restaurant -- the burritos are easy to veganize, and they have lots of vegan filling options. I have not tried the tofu or seitan, as they are the most expensive fillings. The burritos are big, so, unless you're very hungry, you can probably get two meals out of them.

Pros: big portions, lots of options
lalaveggiemonster
lalaveggiemonster

Not as bad as everyone says

3 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

It's sad that so many people had bad experiences here. Bueno is great. They have huge portions, and the seitan is full of flavor. Being a conscious consumer is important, making sure that they've understood what you order is REALLY not hard, and they usually get it right. Yuppies need to chill.

Pros: mondo portions, seitan
Cons: sometimes get your order wrong
bstafford
bstafford

Good and cheap

3 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2012

I used to go to the one up in Burlington while in college, and am excited to see one in the area now that I moved here. The food is nothing extraordinary, but it is what it is- lots of good food for cheap. Glad to see plenty of vegan options on the menu. The grande burito is huge for a small price upgrade.

Pros: Good value, Large servings
Cons: Unhelpful wait staff

will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Unremarkable...

3 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2011

Maybe I am spoiled by my memories of the amazing vegan burritos at the Burritoville locations in NYC, but the food at Bueno Y Sano didn't really impress me. I've tried a few vegan burritos there -- chickpea & red curry, BBQ seitan, tofu, etc. -- but everything seemed just mediocre. I've never left Bueno saying "Wow, that was delicious!" Still, it's nice that there are multiple vegan options on the menu.

Pros: vegan options, big portions
Cons: food nothing to write home about
AshleyxMichelle
AshleyxMichelle

Don't Go.

1 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2010

I didn't really like this place. The food had no taste. They also forgot to give us part of the order. I will never go back I agree that this place is not worth it.

Cons: bland food, bad service
vegman444
vegman444

Seitan? Dead animal!

1 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2009

Simply put, this place is horrific. I suppose when you cater to 19 year old college kids who just want some calories, you don't have to care, and they don't. They don't so much that when I recently ordered seitan tacos, they turned out to be CHICKEN! One bite got me sick to my stomach. I returned the dead carcass and vowed never to return.

By all means, stay away!

Pros: Nice cooks, The word "seitan" appears on the menu, Close to better places
Cons: Terrible food, Seitan had a mother, Did I mention how dreadful the food is?
sloweducation
sloweducation

bad food

1 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2008

this place has a few vegan options, but they're not good at all. even the grande burrito is on the small side. they offer seitan, but it doesn't taste good. the burrito fillings are often not mixed together at all, which is just lazy. they recently passed out five dollar gift certificates to five college students, and even at that discount it's still not worth it.

Cons: lousy food, bad atmosphere, overpriced

Dear Owner and Manager of Bueno y Sano: