Bueng Pai Farm Restaurant

Serves meat, veg options available. Fresh brewed coffee, 20 varieties of tea, fresh squeezed juice, shakes and smoothies, muesli, banana or chocolate pancakes, western and Thai food. Uses organically grown vegetable. Most meals are vegetarian but they also add meat (chicken) if requested. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, Western, Thai, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by happy_haarpist
happy_haarpist
happy_haarpist

Excellent, delicious, authentically flavoured food

4 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

This is a favourite place for us to stay, we love it, and the food is amazing! Great for vegetarians, but not so good for vegans. My girlfriend is omni, and she really enjoyed the vegetarian food.

This place used to have a big range of delicious food (including food for vegans), but unfortunately they have reduced their menu dramatically.

Hopefully it is something they would consider doing again, but regardless, what they still serve is excellent.

For the vegetarians among us:
Their delicious muesli boasts of using over 15+ ingredients including home-made yoghurt and fruit. They also have a really amazing omelette, packed full of vegetables and flavour - cooked without oil, served on a banana leaf and a fresh home-grown side salad with rice, but you could also get it with toast if you liked. They were happy to make changes to a dish if you liked.

They have a great variety of interesting drinks too, I had a really tasty herbal drink. I'm not sure of the name but they brought out the fresh herbs it was made from to show me (see photo). There is also many freshly squeezed juices, shakes and smoothies including a coffee-banana shake that actually tasted really really good!

My girlfriend had some (non-vegan) banana and chocolate pancakes which she loved.

For the ultra-sensitive, it should also be mentioned that the lake beside the eating area and the bungalows, is a well stocked catch and release lake. You may see a few people standing around with rods, but in the many times I've visited I have not seen anyone catch a fish. Additionally, from where we were sitting we could not even see people who were fishing.

They do not serve fish here - but meat options (those artificial looking hot dogs/sausages) are available.

Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 05, 2014

Pros: great atmos, and beautiful surroundings, Great for vegetarians, Wonderful drinks
Cons: Not a big selection of food

Dear Owner and Manager of Bueng Pai Farm Restaurant: