Vegan sandwich shop offering both hot and cold sandwiches, plus salads, burritos, cookies, and desserts. No longer serving soup. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by dontbedaft
jetgal
jetgal

Great vegan sandwich shop!

5 Posted on 03 / 30 / 2014

I walked about 4 miles round trip to get to this place and it was totally worth it. I ordered the Pedro chicken sandwich and wish I had gotten an extra for later! Service was quick and the people were really friendly. Hands down the best sandwich I have had in a long time.

Pros: great food, price, fantastic staff
Navegante
Navegante

My Absolute Favorite! LOVE At First Bite!

5 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

This is the best place for sandwiches downtown. Seriously my favorite lunch spot. When you walk in, you'll notice that the place is tiny, and only has room for 3-4 people to sit inside. Don't let that discourage you because the staff is great and the food is to die for! I go here regularly for the buffalo chicken. I've also tried the meatball which was good but the buffalo chicken is the best. I keep meaning to try the other options, but the buffalo chicken sandwiches visit me in my dreams and I can never resist getting another when I'm ordering. Seriously though, the food is GOOD! Don't miss this one. Stop by when you're craving a good size sandwich for a decent price, you'll be glad you did!

Pros: Addicting Food, Good Value For The Money, Staff Is Friendly
Cons: Size Of Restaurant But All The Pros Make Up For It
vegankiddo
vegankiddo

Best sandwich shop

5 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

I broke my gluten-free streak to indulge in the amazingly tasty sandwiches here. A friend and I shared the buffalo and the barbacoa (and got the cheesesteak to go for later). We loved them all! I'm lucky I don't live in Salt Lake, or it would be impossible for me to stay gluten free with Bud's around. The zucchini chocolate chip cookies, however, sound good, but are actually not very tasty. A little too much spice and not enough zucchini, I think.

uniquerob
uniquerob

Awesome sandwiches

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2014

Some seriously good vegan sandwiches! Was in town on business for 2 days recently. Had the buffalo chicken on day one, and the pesto chicken on day two. Both were frickin awesome!

Sandwiches are large, and very filling. Super flavorful on great bread.

This is a small spot, they have about 5 seats inside, then a couple of tables outside.

Staff/Owners were exceedingly friendly, very willing to talk about the shop and the food.

Highly recommended!

Pros: Delicious, All Vegan, Delicious
bike_junkie
bike_junkie

LOVE THIS PLACE!

5 Posted on 01 / 09 / 2014

Buds is by far my favorite vegan place in SLC. Their food is so incredibly good, and the people there are very friendly. I love that I can call in an order, and have it ready by the time I get up there. It is a all shop, so either plan on sitting outside, or get your food to go. I highly, highly recommend the "Buffalo"!

Vegetarian1994
Vegetarian1994

AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!

5 Posted on 12 / 08 / 2013

We ordered two different sandwiches and I wish I could have ordered more. My non-vegetarian husband ordered the SLC Cheesesteak and I ordered the pesto chicken. Both of us were more than pleased and ended up sharing one sandwich for lunch and having the other for dinner...they were HUGE! We are anxious to get back to try the other sandwiches! I highly recommend this awesome place!

Pros: Delicious and unique menu!, HUGE portions, Friendly staff
christopher
christopher

Freaking` Amazing Don't Miss This

5 Posted on 12 / 05 / 2013

We have eaten in vegan restaurants around the world and this little gem is amazing. Had the meatball sub and also the Buffalo chicken vegan sandwich. The flavor and texture was superb. Returning to buy other sandwiches this weekend. They had a vegan chocolate chip cookie that after having one, we bought six to go. This place is not too be missed

Pros: Cuisine, Friendly, Orgasmic
Cons: Small, Take Out, Four Seats
glacierflow
glacierflow

wow, Wow, WOW!!!

5 Posted on 09 / 07 / 2013

I was not expecting what I got at Buds. I was just hoping for some edible, possibly good food. Not a lot of variety for us vegans at times. With only a handful of restaurants available, the menu choices are nothing short of repetitive.

Buds was a breath of fresh air. They literally knocked my socks off. They were friendly, fast, and very clean.

Although the food was off the CHAIN! WOW!

I had the barbacoa sandwich and it was amazing. So much texture and variety and blending of flavors, I was amazed and delighted.

If you want a great parking experience, go down a few more blocks to the public library. If you want seating room, sit in your car. Food that good, I will NEVER complain about the petty issues like that.

Well done, Buds!!!

Pros: GREAT FOOD!!!, GREAT CHOICES!!!, AMAZINGLY FAST AND FRESH!!!
Cons: ONLY ONE LOCATION!!!
wanderer
wanderer

The Best Sandwiches in Salt Lake!

5 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2013

I love Bud's sandwiches! The pesto and buffalo subs are my favorite. All of the staff are super friendly. I just wish they had longer hours because I always crave their sandwiches at dinner time!

Pros: delicious food, inexpensive, friendly staff
Cons: short hours
bmblbug
bmblbug

Great meatball sub

5 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

Went in to try the "meatball" sub today after reading reviews here and was definitely not disappointed!! YUM!

Pros: great pricing, small outdoor seating area, friendly
Cons: very small inside
herbilicious
herbilicious

DELICIOUS

5 Posted on 05 / 09 / 2013

I always love the sandwiches they offer. My favorite is the buffalo for sure. Just tried a cookie the other day too and they are actually really good. Don't be intimidated by them.
Favorite new place.

Lamar
Lamar

Best Sandwiches In Town!

3 Posted on 04 / 28 / 2013

Almost everything I've tried here has been amazing. My favorite is the buffalo chicken sandwich and a close second is the meat ball sub. I also really like their taco salad, it's huge and fresh. Everything is very affordable and hardy. Unfortunately they fall short on a few things, they don't really offer any side options and the dinning area is really small, especially in the winter months. Even with its little faults, it's still one of my new favorite spots.

Pros: Large Sandwiches , Affordable , Friendly Staff
Cons: Bad side dish options , Small dining room, Only open for lunch
MarzipanBreadLoaf
MarzipanBreadLoaf

Sandwich City

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

I stopped in when I was nearby. I tried stopping on another occasion but they were closed. I believe they close around 4pm. So you have to get in their early. But totally worth it. The sandwiches were huge compared to what you could get across the street at sages and they were reasonably priced as well. I am definitely going to make more of an effort to swing by this place more often. They have non-sandwich items too I believe. Such as a burrito and taco salad and some desert options. I will have to try all of those at some point too.

Pros: Great tasting, Decent Portions, Good Value
Cons: small location, limited seating, odd hours
BlackJackJones
BlackJackJones

New favorite place

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2013

I love this place. I eat here all the time. Seriously the best sandwiches and such a good deal. It is a collective run business which is awesome and the people are just nice. This is my new favorite place. Most sandwiches are only around $6 and they are a good size sandwich. I love it. I also get the taco salad. Eat most of the salad then wrap the left over in the tortilla as a burrito. Best value.

Pros: Amazing food, Great Value, Awesome Staff
Cons: small location
VeronicaNevils
VeronicaNevils

Great place for a quick lunch.

5 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2013

I found Buds on a business trip in SLC. The food is great and employees awesome. Location is small with limited indoor seating but nice atmosphere. I'll definitely go back the next time I'm in town.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday January 16, 2013

Pros: customer service, atmosphere
Cons: limited seating, limited hours
bspiglejr
bspiglejr

Best "Meatball" Sandwich

5 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2012

The spicy meatball sandwich here is wonderful. Going back for that time after time. The taco salad was great as well. Have loved everything so far, but the meatball sandwich is so good it's hard to order anything else.

Pros: Great Food, Good, fast service, All vegan.
Cons: Very small, no seating
dontbedaft
dontbedaft

Worth seeking out

5 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2012

Had just opened when I visited. Mostly geared up for takeout but small amount of seating to eat in. The food was really good and excellent value. All the staff were super friendly and enthusiastic. Well worth seeking out.

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: Limited opening hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Buds: