A tea shop/cafe offering loose leaf tea (also in bulk), tea merchandise, baked goods, some savories, and tea education. Menu items include hot teas, iced teas, tea lattes and shots (including matcha). Savories include salads, lentil cakes and tofu sesame fingers. Menu items are mostly vegan, kosher, pareve, organic, nut and dairy-free. Honey is used in some items so vegans confirm. Has wi-fi. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Organic, Bakery, Canadian, American, Take-out
10728C Whyte Ave NW (107 St)
Edmonton, Alberta T6E 4S4
587-524-3300

Open Mon-Fri 8am-9:30pm, Sun 9:30am-5:30pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Posi Britt
Posi Britt
Posi Britt

A bit sad

3 Posted on 08 / 14 / 2013

I came here super excited to try a new tea place. I used to work at Cargo and James on whyte and was really excited to hear of a tea place that served all vegan desserts.

It took me forever to find this place and when I did, they were out of sandwiches and only 2 of the 8 desserts were vegan. I was super bummed out by this. I ordered a piece of cake and it was pretty dry when I received it. I shrugged that off because they just opened recently. I also had to make super sure my tea latte wasn't sweetened with honey.

Vegans double check everything. I was sad that I had to ask some many questions considering I'd heard such great things and like the description up top says that everything was vegan.

Pros: Cute and small, Vegan desserts
Cons: Hard to find, Not everything vegan, Honey used as a tea sweetner

Dear Owner and Manager of Budding Rose Teas: