Our go to
Posted on 07 / 26 / 2009
We go to Buddha's at least once a month. Most birhthdays we celebrate begin at Buddhas. Bring a few people, order a few dishes and the bill will likely be under 10 bucks per person including tip. There are two keys to a successful buddhas meal. First order appropriately. Portions are huge, one main dish will easily feed two people.
Second, order the right menu options. Some dishes are defintley better than others.
1) the duck-amazing. We get it every time we go
2) spring rolls-huge and amazing
3) #33-rice noodles-my favourite
4) #35-curry noodles-my partners favourite
5) cashew nut vegetable-vegetables, tofu and a generous portion of cashews
6) the sauces-the sweet and sour sauce and the chili sauce can't be beat.
1) yam rolls-very gross
2) wontons-very dry
3) The gluten plate-horrifying
Questionable: The hot and soup soup. This was a favourite for years but in the last couple months its been off more than 50% of the time.
All in all, Buddhas is a favourite and probably the vegetarian restaurant we frequent most often. Highly recommend it for a casual dinner with friends or a quick weekday lunch.
inexpensive, food quality
ambiance, the gluten plate