Predominantly a juice bar that also serves coffee and tea, along with panini sandwiches, muffins, cookies, and raw cheesecake. All vegan. Laid back atmosphere with art by local artists. Open mic nights Friday and live music 3rd Saturday. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, Juice bar, Western, Canadian, Take-out, Delivery

First Review by Lola modern
SimoneDeBoudoir
SimoneDeBoudoir

Could be Very Good With a Few Tweaks

3 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2013

Phenomenal smoothies, best in town. Great pumpkin soup, great rainbow salad. Unfortunately, that's about it. They serve some very basic Indian food, pakoras and samosas, and some lackluster vegan paninis and wraps. Nothing other than the smoothies and maybe chili that feels very nourishing or healthy, and the taste isn't good enough to excuse the unhealthiness. Their baked goods are just alright, way too sweet and lots of non-vegan stuff (stuff with eggs). Unfortunately the labeling on what's vegan and what isn't is not super clear. They say everything is vegan except "for a few things" but that's not ultra-reassuring when it's not made super obvious what those few things are. They sell some vegan products by other companies that are quite nice (try Zimt chocolate!) but it's about 20% more expensive than at other places. The staff is also not very friendly. They're not mean or anything, just decidedly cold. But definitely go if you want a truly fabulous smoothie.

Pros: Great smoothies, Nice soup, Features other local vegan products
Cons: Not much healthy/tasty food selection, Unclear labeling of non-vegan foods, Cold staff
BostonVegan
BostonVegan

Wonderful vegan food and owners

5 Posted on 07 / 05 / 2012

A great atmosphere, the owners are really nice and knowledgeable, recommending additional vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants in greater Vancouver. The food was fabulous, we tried Rainbow Salad, a Green Smoothie, a Samosa, a Quinoa Almond Butter cookie, and a Chocolate Peppermint Brownie. There's so much more there I'd like to try! Very thumbs up.

Pros: Great food, Knowledgeable owners, Great atmosphere
Vegaholic72
Vegaholic72

Helping me get healthy!

5 Posted on 11 / 04 / 2010

I have just discovered this great cafe/juice bar last month and have since become a regular. The knowledgeable owner was great at giving me some ideas of what to order for my dietary needs, as well as keeping my palette inspired and wanting more. Unlike the previous review, I first arrived and was greeted by the lovely staff. I does get get quite busy, but for my needs, its the perfect combination of taste, nutrition and value for money.

Lola modern
Lola modern

Budda Full Experience

2 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2010

Atmosphere I found was a little cold and the place was messy. I tried the nut burger and found I was still hungry after I ate it. Paying over $6.00 for the burger, in my opinion, there should have been more to it. The serving size was so samll I was embarassed for the owners serving it.
Got a smoothie as well, it was just okay as there was not a lot a flavour.
I found the 2 owners to be * not friendly*. Not even a smile in my direction. I feel if you are starting a new restaurant it is important to actually let your guests know you are happy to see them.
I think the concept is nice for the neighbourhood, and I love vegan food, but am disappointed and will not go back.
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 31, 2010