Buddha Burgers - Evn Gvirol

The second and smaller branch of Buddha Burgers franchise. Located on a street lined with cafes and restaurants. Seats 20. Similar menu but with a smaller selection: burrito, veggie burger, tofu burger, veggie dog, vegan cheese, baked falafel, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Western, International, Israeli, Fast food, Take-out
Evn Gvirol 86 (opposite Rabin Square)
Tel Aviv, Israel
03-5223040

Open Sun-Thur 11am-11pm, Fri 11am-4pm, Sat 6-11:30pm.

First Review by yuv_h
MissB613
MissB613

Fantastic Food

5 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2014

I accidentally ate vegan for almost a year because I loved this spot so much - I just wish they sold their veggie burgers in the US!! They have the nicest staff, too!

ItamarLev
ItamarLev

Great And Clean Vegan Food

3 Posted on 03 / 10 / 2014

It is a small. place so you can see the kitchen. The food is tasty and the menu has just the right amount of dishes to choose from. Recommended

Pros: Taste, Location
Cons: Small

Babai
Babai

Slow fast food :-)

4 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

It's much better than any fast food for the quality of food (never had a "junk food" so good and healthy!), and slower than any other fast food. This means hat it is a fast food just in the sense they serve great veg-hamburgers, for the rest is a restaurant-cafeteria, with nice people working there and in an excellent position.

Pros: Great burgers, Central location
Cons: Not great atmosphere, much traffic noise
dagani
dagani

the vegan center of tel aviv

5 Posted on 09 / 19 / 2012

a great place, great menu and so on...
the prices are a bit to much and service is very easy (slow) and its not really a place for dinner or sitting down for a long time cuz its on the crowdy street and the setting is like a fastfood place...

ahronlu
ahronlu

Great vegan food in tel aviv

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

i love the place sometimes i went there everyday

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
Cons: small portions
ssstique
ssstique

what a disgrace

2 Posted on 05 / 11 / 2012

We ordered at the counter and waited for our name to called to pick up the order. We ordered a cocktail, starters and a main dish. After a seriously long time, one of us received his main course. I asked three times for our order and after a long time, I was asked to order another starter as it was no longer available. I had to order a starter with the same price, as everything was already paid for. After one hour and fifteen minutes (!) we checked a last time and I cancelled the starters as they never arrived; I asked and received a refund. My main dish had not even been ordered yet in the kitchen after more than one hour and many enquiries. I was furious, and I received a glass of fruit juice which I did not touch. Still waiting for my food (my friend had finished his bland salad sinces ages), the boss proposed a portion of dessert (which I refused). This restaurant is an absolute no no. The food wasn't anything special anyway.

Cons: service, service, service
DimSumMetal
DimSumMetal

A Great Place!

4 Posted on 09 / 06 / 2011

The burrito I tasted (Schawarma special) was excellent, the seitan was well spiced and the texture was good.
I also tried the halwa Shake which was good too, too much Date syrup to my taste but good.
I will definitely come there again!

Pros: tasty food, not too expensive, the shakes!!!
Cons: not enough place to sit indoors , not as much choice as the other branches
vegified
vegified

a little piece of vegan bliss!

5 Posted on 06 / 06 / 2011

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place. all the burgers are absolutely delicious. all the salads are amazing. the date ball things are so yummy. i haven't had anything i didn't like from here yet. the people are nice and friendly. why are you still reading this? go get a burger already!

hokusai77
hokusai77
+2084

Friendly staff and good food

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2011

I had just a quick dinner here while I was in Tel Aviv, but I remember staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a mixed salad and their Buddha Burger Classic burger, made of lentil sprouts, mushrooms, celery, walnuts, onion, sesame seed, tahin and basil, which was really good. I also bought some cookies I had on the following day, which were yummy.

Pros: friendly staff , cheap, good food
Cons: not too much seating
MollyG
MollyG

Excellent vegan food in Tel Avv

5 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2011

My first vegan shwarma experience was excellent. I ordered a special burrito and it came with an amazing green sauce and pickles in it! My partner had the baked falafel burrito and it was also very good. Well spiced. We also ordered a large shake (the halva shake) and a bottle of water. All of this came out to 32 dollars (I am converting from shekels). A fantastic price for dinner and two very full bellies to boot!

Pros: Outdoor seating, Quick, Cheap
Cons: Little indoor seating
veganlondon
veganlondon

Best veggie food in Tel Aviv!

5 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2010

see my review for the Yehuda HaLevy branch.

The Evn Givron branch is much smaller with more limited menu.

The staff were very friendly.

Pros: Excellent vegan food, carob smoothies
Cons: not open Saturdays
A.Z.P.
A.Z.P.

okay but the original branch is better

3 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2008

Buddha Burgers, as far as i can tell, is the first Vege fast food place in Israel. The food is not great, but decent, depending on what you order. They have four different types of burgers. The buddha and okara are good. The falafel is awful and the tofu is misadvertised (not even a burger, just a slab of smoked tofu). As for the wraps, the Chicken Salad wrap is delicious, but the Pastrami Sandwich is extremely disappointing(I pictured a juicy sandwich filled with veggies, mustard and alot of analogue Pastrami... the "Pastrami" did not even cover the whole sanwich, it tasted like they bought it from a package in a health food store and slopped it on. The flavor too was generally unimpressive).
The main difference between the two chains is that the Yehuda halevi chain actually has comfortable seating space(mostly Al-Fresco), While Ibn Gvirol has high chairs outside which are very cramped and uncomfortable. Also the Yehuda halevi chain has a great vege activist feel with tables and chairs covered in vege cartoons quotes and humor. This can keep you busy while you wait for your order. Overall the prices are good and the food is above average, wholesome vegetarian fare. The restaurant is proud to be vegetarian and does not try to taste like the authentic meat versions of the menu items, so dont expect a meat eater to like or even want to eat here. Yet for a vegetarian seeking quick cheap and tasty, i recommend Buddha burgers... or at least some of their menu.

Pros: Cheap + very quick, Some food great, Yehuda halevi- Great atmosphere
Cons: Smallish portions, Some food terrible, Ibn Gvirol- Cramped W/No parking
yuv_h
yuv_h

A great vegan Bar

5 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2006

A great vegan (& mostly organ) place. Very tasteful food. Make deliveries. Specially reccomended: Okra (spelling?) Burger and their Soy-milk with fruit shakes.
Very reasonable prices (about 20 shekel for a Burger).

The only disadvantage - the place is quite small: sitting is near the Bar, and some times it's a bit crowded.

Pros: good value, tasteful, nice staff
Cons: small, sometimes a bit crowded

Dear Owner and Manager of Buddha Burgers - Evn Gvirol: