Budatip - Health Station

Small open-air storefront managed for many years by dedicated female buddhist monks. Public temple upstairs. Directions: go north on 3rd past Central Rd,'vegetarian food' sign hangs left-side, just past right-side Carrefour turnoff. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai
Pattaya Sai 3, Na Kluea, Bang Lamung (opposite of Mooks Residence Pattaya)
Pattaya, Thailand 20150

Open until 6pm.

First Review by mredz
KoVeg
KoVeg

Used to be good

2 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2013

I have been there few times and used to have delicious veg Thai food. The chef (lovely Thai lady) cooked aroi aroi veg food every time and we used to chat while I enjoy the meals.

I don't know what happened, a couple weeks ago when I went there, I saw new staff and I didn't see the chef anymore. The new staff recommended me to have red pork over rice ( even though this is a veg restaurant, you can still order with traditional dishes' name) so I ordered it.
Guess what, it was REAL PORK, not fake meat! I was shocked and I couldn't believe this happened in a vegetarian restaurant! It seems like this place has changed to a "Veg friendly" so they can meek more income.
I have not gone back there since then...

Pros: (Used to be) delicious veg Thai meal , (Used to be) friendly staff, Clean
Cons: Served me with real meat, New staff who are hard to communicate with
Zambezikid
Zambezikid

Pretty average food

2 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2013

Went here for a change and cos I couldn't find one of the other places listed.

The food is pretty average, to be kind.

Green curry had way too much basil and cream and not enough chilli, noodles looked like they were out of a super noodle packet.

And the menu is written in Thai with English translations that a 3 year old could have done a better job on. If you can't read Thai, it will make understanding the menu quite difficult.

Pros: Fairly cheap, Food cooked from fresh
Cons: Average food, Location is bad for main tourist areas, Unfriendly menu
anjobaba
anjobaba

Ok

4 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

Thanks to the map I foud easily the place.
I had some "chiken with Kana" , kana is a local vegetable.with rice .
the portion was small but so the price. all 45 baht.
the lady "almost" nun (as she told me), was speaking good english.
they try to convert me or introduce me to taoism that they follow as spiritual/live path.

nice place!!!

Pros: they speak english
Cons: not organic
mredz
mredz

Excelent Food

5 Posted on 11 / 05 / 2011

This restaurant has very healthy and wholesome food in addition to great traditional Thai dishes. The Nuns running it are exceptionally friendly and more than happy to speak English and assist you with any special needs. If you are struggling to communicate then ask for Noom she has excellent English and is very helpful. I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant if you are visiting Pattaya.

Dear Owner and Manager of Budatip - Health Station: