CLOSED: Brooklyn's

Serves meat, veg options available. Serves meat, veg options available. Restaurant and sports bar with a separate, full vegan menu. The vegan food is cooked separately from the meat and dairy. Options include vegan pizza, chimichangas, caesar salad, potato skins, veggie burger, "meatball" sub, "chicken" sandwich, pierogies, jambalaya. Some items on the regular menu can be made vegan or vegetarian without contamination. Owners are vegetarian/vegan and are experimenting with adding other vegan dishes to the menu. Note: The Niagara Region has not yet evolved to a point where a 100% vegan/vegetarian restaurant is financially viable, so this really is the next best thing. The most welcoming place for vegans in Niagara. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Italian, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by World B. Free
veganuts
veganuts

RIP Brooklyn's

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2012

really very very sad to see Brooklyn's close. was a great place to get good old fashion pub food, vegan-style, with a nice cold draft. I sure hope some wise entrepreneur sees the potential business opportunity.

JillyBean
JillyBean

Full Vegan Menu

4 Posted on 07 / 28 / 2011

This place is amazing, they have their own separate vegan menu, that has 8+ delicious options, some of which I haven't ever seen at a fully vegan restaurant! Their falafel sub is really good! And they potato skins are divine with their hummus filling. I can't wait to be in the area again, so I can go back and try more delicious options.

Pros: So Many Options, Very Accomidating, Friendly Staff
moshimoshi
moshimoshi

Awesome vegan pub food!

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

We found ourselves in the area recently and made our way over to Brooklyn's to check it out. We really enjoyed our visit. It was a bit of a shock to get a vegan menu in a pub! The food and service was great. They make the best french fries I've had in ages, big, thick, crunchy on the outside and creamy on the inside! Will definitely go back.

Pros: Vegan menu, great food, nice place

BirdWoman
BirdWoman

Good Vegan Pub Food

4 Posted on 09 / 14 / 2010

Great place for just kicking back with a beer and some good vegan pub food. The owner, Mike, is a gem.

veganmartha
veganmartha

SO GLAD I FOUND THIS!

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2010

We were staying at Niagara-on-the-Lake and HAPPENED to run into a shopkeeper who was vegan and thought to ask her where we should eat. THANK GOODNESS she told us about Brooklyn's. Never would you guess from the street that this sports bar/family restaurant has a SEPARATE vegan menu with maybe a dozen choices. The kind of place where you, the starving vegan, can't decide what to order. We settled on the Spicy Chik'n sandwich with a vegan Caesar salad, and the Italian Falafel Sub with Onion Rings. Everything was delicious - my mouth waters as I type this review. We had no room for dessert, but they brought us each pieces of dark vegan chocolate. The service was friendly, quick, gave us helpful advice on what to order. If you are vacationing anywhere in the Niagara area, you must go here. There are not that many great vegan places to eat in this area, and had we known about this place, we would have come here with our kids every time we went to Great Wolf Lodge. Kudos to the owners for having such great vegan options, and why can't every restaurant offer a few options like this?

Also, this was the LEAST expensive meal we had all weekend, so it is a great value.

Pros: excellent food, vegan cheese, not expensive
Cons: can't find via happycow niagara search
xbleedcurrentx
xbleedcurrentx

Glad to have found it!

4 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2010

We were in Niagara Falls for a couple of days and luckily found this place! They had a completely separate vegan menu, it wasn't very large but we were glad to have found some vegan food. The food was delicious and the people were very friendly. After your meal they give you a vegan piece of dark chocolate! The chicken sandwich was like a standard frozen chikn sandwich made by Boca, but the pizza and the pierogies were amazing!

Pros: separate vegan menu, very friendly
Cons: slightly pricey
mekippie
mekippie

Don't wait any longer--go now!

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2010

Finally had a chance to check out Brooklyn's last night and the only thing that I regret is that I waited so long! Their vegan menu was almost overwhelming--it's not often that I get that many dishes to choose from--but in the end, I went with the Smokin' Soy Chicken Sandwich and I was certainly not sorry.

Other members of my party had the potato skins and the vegan perogies, complete with a side of Tofutti sour cream and the samples I tried were great.

We finished with one each of the apple and cherry turnovers for dessert and were definitely not disappointed. The cherry was drizzled with chocolate and the apple with caramel--and they tasted as good as they looked!

Service was great--attentive, quick, and very friendly. We'll definitely be back again soon :-)

Pros: lots of choice, reasonable prices, friendly staff
Tabitha Grimalkin
Tabitha Grimalkin

Vegan Pub Food

4 Posted on 05 / 10 / 2010

We tried Brooklyn's this weekend for the first time and will certainly be back. We received vegan menus when we arrived and didn't need to call ahead to ensure that vegan options would be available. It was wonderful to be able to select from a menu of vegan dishes! Our party tried the spicy "chicken" sandwich, the "meatball" sub and the falafel -- all were very good, but the spicy "chicken" sandwich seemed to be the favourite of the three.

I'm looking forward to going back to Brooklyn's to try more vegan pub food. What a wonderful concept!

veganstastebetter
veganstastebetter

vegan pizza

4 Posted on 09 / 01 / 2009

I know a lot of places that make a pretty good vegan pizza. I figured I should make the trip out to Thorold and see what everyone is raving about. This pizza is pretty much amazing and the beer was pretty dam good too. I didnt ask for prices and I expected to pay extra. It was so cheap I should have gotten 2. Even with a couple pints it was $20. I will be back very soon for another.

Pros: amazing vegan pizza, cheap prices, friendly staff
Cons: almost too quiet
World B. Free
World B. Free

PIZZA!!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 03 / 2009

You will have to ask servers for vegan options and it might be smart to call ahead, but they will veganize a bunch of stuff and more importantly make the best Vegan pizza I have ever tasted. Seriously.

Pros: VEGAN PIZZA, VEGAN PIZZA , VEGAN PIZZA
Cons: Have to ask for Vegan Options
  • joseph singer joseph singer

I also had this pizza recently and it was fantastic! I had asked for this pizza expecting the usual tomato base with mixed veg (yawn), but was very surpried to find intead a unique pizza that stands alone.
    This creation by chef Roderick Cowan and owner Mike Tronzo uses instead a hummus base which gives the pizza a whole new look and a different yet pleasent new taste with the variety of veg. toppings that are offered.
    This is a specialty pizza that must be asked for as it is not part of the regular menue and a fresh pizza will need to be stretched and made, which takes time but is well worth the wait.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Brooklyn's: