Brooklyn Standard Deli

Serves meat, veg options available. Has vegetarian and vegan sandwiches. Hot foods bar priced per pound. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, American, International, Buffet, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
188 Nassau Ave (Diamond)

vegan_ryan
vegan_ryan

Great vegan breakfast sandwiches

Posted on 01 / 05 / 2014

Ate her twice recently, and the vegan breakfast sandwich is great. Choose a bagel of any kind, and it comes with vegan cream cheese, tomatoes, jalapenos and your choice of tempeh bacon or soy sausage.

They also have a full coffee bar with your choice of soy, rice, almond or help milk, which I thought was awesome.

Pros: Quick vegan food, More than 1 kind of non-dairy milk
Cons: Serves meat
BFonville
BFonville

don't do delivery?

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2012

tried them for delivery and it was a nightmare. after waiting an hour delivery guy shows up with our chips and sodas with no sandwiches! tried to argue that that was all we ordered, like I would place a delivery order for two sodas and a bag of chips, ha. finally came back another hour later with the sandwiches

RichBeBe
RichBeBe

Awesome Sandwiches

Posted on 04 / 26 / 2011

I have had two sandwiches there, the first was a French Dip that was awesome, the second was a Jerk Seitan which might be the best vegan sandwich in NYC in my opinion. They also have a great selection of premade vegan salads, and dishes in the fridge and freezer.
My only complaint would be if they washed the grill between cooking non-vegan and vegan food, versus just scrapping it. I know most places don't but you can see it, if that bothers you.

Pros: Great Sandwiches
Cons: No Seating

Dear Owner and Manager of Brooklyn Standard Deli: