Bronze Cafe at The Center

Serves meat, veg options available. Opened spring 2013, the cafe makes its food from scratch (except for pita and whole wheat bread) and offers many marked vegan items, including: a tree of life pita sandwich and a good earth pita sandwich, both of which come with a side salad; various sides and salads; option to add house-made seitan to sandwich or salad; house-made raw almond mylk; and has soymilk and blended smoothies. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

BryanGuiot
BryanGuiot

Best Vegan Food in Town

Posted on 10 / 04 / 2014

Totally fresh ingredients. Excellent flavors. Very friendly service. Dine in or take out. Check it out. You will not be disappointed.
Updated from previous review on Friday October 04, 2013

Pros: Quality of ingredients, Excellent flavors, Very friendly service
AvocadoLover
AvocadoLover

Lovely Cafe, Delicious Food

Posted on 07 / 26 / 2014

This is a great little cafe located in the library/computer area of The Center (LGBT Center) and may be a little bit difficult to locate if your going for the first time. The atmosphere is really nice and relaxed. Comfortable place to hang out, read, converse, etc. Staff are always super nice and great to talk with. The food is ridiculously good. Seriously! Fresh, clean nutrition straight up. Love the salads, Tree of Life, vegan cheesecake, smoothies... Basically everything vegan on their menu if fantastic. Definitely a worth while place to grab breakfast or lunch to stay or to go!

Pros: Real Delicious Nutrition, Great Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Navegante
Navegante

WONDERFUL!

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2014

Stopped by for a quick breakfast. I was so pleased with my experience. The cafe is clean, and the staff are so friendly and nice. I had the Swedish Oatmeal, which is served cold. It was so good. Similar to eating a not-too-sweet oatmeal cookie dough! I also had the "Just Too Good For You" smoothie, and a blueberry cake item in their display case. Everything was really good. I will be back on my next trip to Vegas.

Pros: Great vegan options, Staff is great!, Good value

sglcklch
sglcklch

Very pleasant experience

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2014

I was staying downtown and this place was pretty close by so I decided to check it out. Being able to walk here from my hotel was a big plus. It didn't take long, but it was located in a residential community and very much off the beaten path. The neighborhood seemed a little shady as well. For that reason this cafe - being in the LGBTQ center no less - felt like an oasis. The space was roomy, bright, and clean.

Vegan options were plentiful and clearly marked. Almost all the baked goods were vegan, and they even had raw vegan cheesecakes. I had the "bizness" special where I got to pick three side salads served on a bed of kale. I ordered the carrot and lentil, beet and quinoa, and the red pepper hummus, which also happened to come with a piece of warm pita! I liked how everything tasted so light and fresh, but being the spice lover that I am, I did find the food a tad bit flat and thought it could use more flavors. Nonetheless it was a healthy and enjoyable meal. The real star of the show, though, was the raw chocolate "cheesecake". I have had countless raw cakes that were too soft like a mousse and/or too agave-happy. This one was quite spot-on both in terms of texture and taste. I also bought a couple of baked goods to go for later. Those were delicious too.

The staff members were the nicest people. They were knowledgeable and very happy to answer my questions regarding the ingredients. I just wish they were more eco-friendly. I ate in and was still given paper/plastic containers and utensils.

Pros: healthy vegan food, friendly & knowledgeable staff
Cons: surroundings, too much waste
Slasha
Slasha

surprisingly great

Posted on 02 / 04 / 2014

Was a bit hidden in the fact that it's in a community building and I wasn't sure if I was walking into the right place. The cafe staff is really friendly and helped me with making my decisions, offering a soup sample and answering all questions. I got the Guaco sammich( I can't remember the full name but itsa vegan non ready-made sammie) and a super foods smoothie. The smoothie was actually big enough to be my meal but the sandwich was so good I ended up sitting until I ate it all. Which wasn't too inconvenient since they had a small library right in front of me to check out anyways. Even the dressing on the arugula side salad was awesome. Defs going to be walking down here a few more times during my stay. It's off past Fremont strip but not super far and it's worth the venture.

Pros: an array of vegan foods, drinks and desserts, good portions, prices are fair, really nice staff
Cons: no signs on the building, not close if you're staying on the strip
Sonja and Dirk
Sonja and Dirk

friendly and delicious

Posted on 12 / 28 / 2013

During our trip to Vegas, we ate here twice. It's such a friendly little place with some delicious vegan options. The first time, we got takeout to eat later on for dinner and they suggested the Bizness kale salad as it would marinate even better over time. They were right. We got it with beets and quinoa, spiced chickpeas and roasted brussel sprouts. We also shared a Guac & Mole sandwich on ciabatta as well as a cookie, bar and two cheesecakes. Yummy! The second time, we came for a late dinner and sat at the community tables they have at the Center. This time we got another Bizness salad with carrots and lentil, Greek couscous and curried quinoa along with the Good Earth and Tree of Life pita sandwiches. All fresh and delicious although I especially enjoyed the Tree of Life. I also got a watermelon chia drink which was very refreshing. Once again, the service was so friendly and helpful. Since we usually stay downtown when visiting Vegas, we are so excited to have a place to eat so close by and are looking forward to our next trip to Bronze Café.

Pros: tasty vegan options, friendly service, near Downtown
andreafbe
andreafbe

Great vegan choices

Posted on 11 / 10 / 2013

This is a great spot for lunch. There are fairly extensive choices for vegans. My husband and I went together and each had a sandwich as well as a small beet salad and one of their smoothies. Everything was fresh and delicious. The staff was very nice and helpful. The primary con to this place is the location. I only recommend you go there if you can drive yourself. Do not try to walk through this part of town. It is very sketchy...

Pros: Numerous vegan choices, Reasonable prices, Nice and helpful staff
Cons: Location, Location, Location
ronjon66
ronjon66

A Diamond in the Rough!

Posted on 11 / 01 / 2013

I'd driven past the LGBTQ center dozens of times and never new this little gem was inside. I did a search on happycow for vegan friendly restaurants and this little gem popped up. It's a small cafe with a small menu. I wasn't thrilled with the menu when I saw it online, but some things sounded interesting... so my daughter and I gave it a try.

I had the Tree of Life sandwich and my daughter had the Bizness salad with broccoli, chick peas, and curried quinoa. They were both tasty, although the salad was better as leftovers the following day because the raw kale had marinated and softened a bit. My sandwich was actually amazing. The fruity waters are also delicious: particularly the cantaloupe turmeric. My daughter got the Swedish oatmeal to take for lunch the next day (it's served cold) and absolutely LOVED it. The cheesecake is different so it took a bite or two to get accustomed to it... but it is fantastic. They have a variety of flavors, so don't go in with your flavor in mind already!

I went back a second time and got the Good Earth sandwich, a bowl of the best soup ever, and of course, cheesecake and fruit water!

Service is very friendly. Peter is the nicest person you could ever meet, and even remembered me on my second visit. The atmosphere is casual, but cool. I adore this place and will surely eat there again soon.

Pros: Friendly service, Excellent food, Unique menu
Cons: Small menu, Prices are just a bit high
scwolves
scwolves

burst of vegan sunshine

Posted on 10 / 19 / 2013

They KNOW their stuff here. The guys who run this are kind, informed, and make GREAT food. Top notch customer service, fresh food, great drinks. Nice atmosphere too! We will be going back for more.....
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 19, 2013

Pros: they KNOW what's in their food, happy place - always, friendly
dharmageek
dharmageek

A Veggie Oasis on North Maryland Parkway

Posted on 10 / 11 / 2013

After some great reviews from friends, my boyfriend and I decided to give the Bronze Cafe a test drive and we are very happy we did. The food is fantastic and everything is labeled in a vegan/vegetarian friendly manner. The staff is knowledgeable, attentive, and very friendly. I highly recommend the tree of life wrap and the vegan raw "cheesecake". Although it is not 100% veggie, its offerings are some of the best in Vegas and the few non-veggie items on the menu are healthy and kid friendly.

Pros: friendly staff, excellent food
Cons: Not your standard sit down restaurant, the price of yumminess can add up
Mysticrayne
Mysticrayne

Super Yummy!

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2013

Happened to be watching Fox in the morning for the first time in years and I am so glad I did. Bronze Cafe was on it! My daughterand I decided to try it and were so impressed! Usually when you ask pointed questions about vegan items you can tell they have no clue and just tell you what they think you want to hear to get you to buy. Not here, they knew their stuff and were honest about the sugar in the bread. Most non vegans have no clue about sugar and it was refreshing to have someone with integrity and respect for others choices tell us about the menu. The all vegan Bizness salad was awesome as well as the watermelon and chia seed water. Everyone is spot on about the vegan "cheesecake" it is devine! Only thing I hope they get is some bread made with vegan sugar :) Prices are fair and we will be back to eat and drink our way thru the menu. I'm so happy my daughter now has a place she can eat at close to school that actually has amazing vegan food!

Pros: Delicious Food, knowledgable and friendly staff
Cons: no vegan bread
flyaballoon
flyaballoon

Lots of vegan options

Posted on 09 / 17 / 2013

The owner and chef are super friendly and let us taste all the vegan desserts - the cheesecakes are outstanding. I had the Tree of Life sandwich and the watermelon juice. Both were delicious!

Pros: downtown location, plenty of parking, nice atmosphere
Cecimer
Cecimer

YUM!

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2013

In Las Vegas for a convention and found this gem. Loved the food, staff and atmosphere. Thanks for the exceptional food; an oasis of vegan delights in a city of overpriced restaurants.

Gail Gibson
Gail Gibson

You'll want to go to there!

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2013

This cafe is a little jewel in Las Vegas. We went for the vegan food and were delighted that the location is inside the LGBTQ Center! The two gentlemen who waited on us were so nice that they felt like our friends by the end of the meal. We had the Tree of Life sandwich, which was absolutely delicious, and a salad (not on the menu) called The Business (rave-worthy for sure.) For dessert, we shared (I ate most of it) a vegan peanut butter snickerdoodle cookie (so yummy!) We can't wait to go back and sample more!

Pros: Super friendly staff, Delicious food with many vegan choices, Cool location
sandykaren
sandykaren

Desert Gem

Posted on 06 / 27 / 2013

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area, so imagine my surprise at finding the delightful cafe near downtown Las Vegas! I had the amazing Tree of Life sandwich with their house made seitan and it was delicious. A little pricey, almost $15, but for me it was worth every penny after all the mediocre vegan food I've had here so far. I'm leaving tomorrow, but plan on coming back before I leave to try one of their other sandwiches. As with every place here, there is way too much plastic and throw-away and no recycling.

Pros: Great sandwiches , In a cool LGBTQ center, Nice staff
Cons: Pricey, Too much plastic , No recycling or composting
pupa
pupa

Foodie gem in the heart of Las Vegas

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2013

What an exiting new addition to the Las Vegas food scene! the atmosphere is not your typical restaurant, but obviously it's not meant to be. Yes it does look like a cafeteria in the middle of the library, and all the food comes in To-Go containers, but let not the initial image stop one form exploring their delicious choices. Everything is made fresh, and all raw items are made in their kitchen. Pretty much everything i tasted was delicious. to the point, balanced, and executed greatly.
their Tree of Life sandwich is out of this world! i'm not much to be impressed by a sandwich, but this was great! it has to be the home made almond butter!
We also tried the Southwestern Las Vegan, and that was an amazing, light but flavorful salad.
Their raw "cheesecakes" have drown me already twice to this shady part of town and the coconut almond butter smoothie was a craving for days after i had it!
give this place a try, one won't be disappointed!

Pros: food!, very friendly and knowledgebale staff, many items made on premise
Cons: atmosphere, location

Dear Owner and Manager of Bronze Cafe at The Center: