Broken City

Serves meat, veg options available. Vegan options labelled on the menu include cauliflower pizza bites, chickpea fries, chili, fried herb polenta with tofu, poipu burger, apple cinnamon pancakes and breakfast bowl with hash browns, chili, and tofu. A social club and live music venue. Brunch. Happy hour. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by kimward8
junipearl
junipearl

Vegan pub food!

3 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2014

HUGE fan of the chickpea fries! Veggie burger is also vegan and gluten free, as is the vegan chili.
One of the only pubs in calgary with such diverse options for us and one of the only places where we can go and eat late.

kimward8
kimward8

Acceptable Vegan Options

2 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

We went for brunch and had the apple cinnamon pancakes. They were ok. They came with maple syrup. They were a bit healthy tasting for me, as they were made with whole wheat flour or buckwheat or something. I never understand why people seem confused about the fact that white flour is vegan! Anyway, they were alright. Then we had the breakfast bowl, which was supposed to be vegan chili over hash browns, with fried tofu on top. It came with eggs on top the first time. I noticed right away and the server apologized and fixed it. But when the tofu version came it was pretty good. The chili was good, the tofu was thin and crispy, and the hash browns were ok too. My only suggestion would be for them to marinate the tofu first because it was a bit tasteless. Despite that, I enjoyed the breakfast bowl more than the pancakes.

Pros: Vegan options are clearly labelled
Cons: Dingy bar atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Broken City: