Brody's Bakery

Not a restaurant. Home-based bakery offering 100% vegan specialty desserts and baked goods. Most menu items can be made gluten-free or specialized in other ways for allergies upon request. Delivery and local pickup, see website for details. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Bakery

First Review by condekedar
Boston
Boston

Entirely poor customer service

2 Posted on 06 / 26 / 2012

Would like to have given this place business and spent $50 having vegan cupcakes shipped to my parents. Emails with the bakery seemed honest. I asked for overnight shipping (and paid for it!) and they got shipped 3 day. The cupcakes were never received and got sent back to the bakery. A Paypal claim for refund was denied after being promised. Poor. One thing to not deliver on a promise, and another to lie altogether.

condekedar
condekedar

Awesome vegan baked goods

5 Posted on 03 / 04 / 2010

Brody's Bakery makes superb, rich, decadent vegan baked goods. Best of all, Brody's manages to replicate the flavors of your childhood, albeit in an animal-friendly way!

Full disclosure: the owner of the shop sent me some free samples. That said, I shared these treats with about a dozen other people and everyone loved them.

To start, the spiced sweet potato cookies were wonderful. I'd never had a sweet potato cookie before, but now I'll look for them everywhere; Brody's manages to make the cookie reminiscent of a pecan sandie, but then dazzles you with a soft, chewy texture, and bits of bright color from the sweet potato.

The chocolate almond truffles were rich, dense and delicious. At least three people who tried these could only say, "Wow." I especially like the almond shavings that coat each truffle.

The peanut butter chocolate cheesecake (with chocolate-covered espresso beans) was filling, rich and remarkably subdued in terms of peanut butter flavor. Most everyone agreed that this was a good thing---all the flavors, from the peanut butter to the chocolate to the espresso, had a chance to interact. While this dessert was delicious, I don't really consider it a "cheesecake" as its texture and flavor reminded me more of a pie; it didn't have the look or feel of a cheesecake, vegan or otherwise.

Lastly, the oatmeal pies were phenomenal. These marvels will remind you of Little Debbie snack cakes. I loved the chewy oatmeal cookies and the toffuti cream filling was sweet and drool-worthy.

Brody's is a gem. I hope they open a retail location to show the world how good vegan baked goods can be.

Pros: Rich, moist treats, Wide variety, Traditional and unusual options
Cons: No retail outlet

Dear Owner and Manager of Brody's Bakery: