Serves meat, veg options available. Bar and restaurant. Mostly non-veg but menu has a small veg section that includes a veggie burger, a no-egg salad, and bbq tofu sandwich. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
319 Sixth St
West Sacramento, California 95605
916-372-2436

First Review by tiderisestidefalls
warmstorage
warmstorage

Unfortunately, no longer vegan friendly

Posted on 05 / 04 / 2015

I used to go once a month or so, as they had several great, expressly vegan options on their menu. Unfortunately I went a month or so ago, and they've completely redesigned their menu, gutting the vegan options. Our server was friendly and helpful about it, and got the kitchen to make a special vegan plate for me. It was fine, but totally unremarkable, and a far cry from the several delicious, thoughtful vegan items they used to have (I especially liked the BBQ tofu sandwich, which is no more.)

She basically said that not enough people ordered the vegan options, so when the menu was being redesigned, they got cut.

It's too bad: I liked that it was basically a (slightly classy) bar with excellent vegan options, a good local beer selection, and friendly people. But I won't bother going back unless and until they put the vegan items back on the menu.

Pros: friendly people, casual bar atmosphere
Cons: no longer vegan friendly
tiderisestidefalls
tiderisestidefalls

Yummy!

Posted on 09 / 06 / 2014

My partner and I enjoy the vegan items on the menu. The ambiance is also nice - Broderick looks like a speak-easy inside. My favorite item is the veggie burger and they have yummy salads and fries. The tofu is organic and local. As far as I understand, all of their food is from the farmers markets. Another cool thing is that Broderick has a separate kitchen for exclusively making their delicious vegan food.
Updated from previous review on Saturday September 06, 2014

Pros: local vegan food and beer, vegan kitchen, organic tofu
Cons: loud or lots of people

Dear Owner and Manager of Broderick Roadhouse: