Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a few vegetarian items including falafel and portobella sandwich. Ask your server which items are vegan. Desserts supplied by the nearby Rene's Bakery. Free wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

Mon-Thu 11:00am-12:00am, Fri-Sat 11:00am-1:00am, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm

First Review by kadkcon
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Great place for a beer & pretzel

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2012

If you are venturing out trying to discover Indianapolis this Broadripple area of town, along with the brewpub is a real gem. Its set along a nice bike path, 3 Sisters Vegetarian restaurant & a natural grocery store and right down the street, too. Its fun to walk around this area and over on the main drag of town. The beer selection is decent, I expected a bit more, but had a good tip. There is outdoor seating and the pretzels are vegan.

Pros: vegan pretzel, neat part of town
sarahsvati
sarahsvati

Plenty of vegan options...

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2012

The server was very helpful. He came back with a list of what's vegan, making ordering quite easy. I went with a mushroom and roasted pepper wrap which was great. My partner had the falafel sandwich which has a underwhelming and dry. The price seemed a little steep, but then again, I'm still adjusting to American prices... About $8-9 for a wrap/sandwich.

Overall, though, I was glad to have clearly marked options.

Pros: many choices, clearly marked
Cons: hit and miss food
jscv
jscv

Good food, difficult parking

Posted on 08 / 10 / 2011

I was in Indy recently for business and thought I'd try the Broad Ripple Brewpub for dinner. I had the Garden Sloppy Joe, a Brewpub Stout chocolate brownie for dessert, a glass of home-made Nut Brown draught ale, and a glass of their home-made Finneen's Auld Sod Stout cask ale. The food and beers were excellent, as was the people-watching. Vegetarian items are clearly marked on the menu with a white capital "V" inside a black circle. The weather was nice, so I elected to sit outside. There were many smokers around and the cigarette smoke smell was a bit annoying, but to be expected when sitting outside in nice weather (people sensitive to cigarette smoke should choose to be seated inside the restaurant, which is non-smoking). Parking is very difficult around the Brewpub -- it has a tiny parking lot with only 5 spaces. On-street parking seems to be the norm in the area, but beware of the narrow streets. (People accustomed to parking in dense cities such as Chicago or NYC probably won't have a problem, though.) Pedestrian, bicycle, and car traffic in the area is high due to the proximity to the Monon Rail-Trail bike/walking path and the river.

Pros: Good food, Good beer, Clearly-labeled vegetarian choices
Cons: Smokers outside, Narrow streets, Limited parking

kaduhacissej
kaduhacissej

I go here usually once a week!

Posted on 07 / 01 / 2011

This is my omni husband and my favorite spot! They have great brews (last time I asked, they were ALL VEGAN!) and great food. I have tried just about every veg item on the menu, plus the specials, and have only not liked maybe 1 or 2 things. They've changed their menu since this info tab was created, they no longer have the vegan shepherd's pie, but they have plenty of other options. They always seem super knowledgeable about the menu. One example: there are certain things on the menu that come with bread, and if you order something that happens to be vegan, they usually ask if you want vegan bread. If you see the Mediterranean Stuffed Peppers on special, GET THEM (minus the cheese on top if you're vegan). Servers can be a bit slow, but I don't mind at all, it's all part of the awesome laid-back atmosphere! The inside bar area is super dark, but it doesn't typically bother me. If you are seated inside by the dart-throwing area, it can get noisy. Also, seating can be cramped inside. I've taken all sorts of people here, and have heard no complaints, other than it being dark. And the veg options are so yummy that my omni husband orders them quite often, especially the tacos, sloppy joe, and when the stuffed peppers are on special.

Pros: Delicious food, Great vegan beer, Knowledgeable servers
Cons: A little cramped, Super dark inside, Sometimes slow service
veggie303
veggie303

Great place

Posted on 06 / 24 / 2010

I grew up in Indianapolis but didn't discover the Broadripple Brewpub until recently. My mom used to rave about their black bean burger, which I am pretty sure they don't have on the menu anymore, so one day I went with her to check it out. I was extremely impressed with the number of vegan options (especially at a pub!), and the food was delicious. On top of that, the location can't be beat. Broadripple is a great area with a lot of restaurants, bars, and niche shops. (My favorite music store in the world, Luna music, is just down the street) It is a great place to eat before heading off to explore Broadripple.

Pros: Tons of options, great food, amazing location
bill_watson
bill_watson

pretty good

Posted on 06 / 14 / 2010

We did have several vegan options, but there were a lot more vegetarian options than vegan. We had the shepherd's pie, which was decent but not great. We make a superior one at home. The dolmades were very yummy however. Service was ok. It's a pub so there a lot of beers on tap. I didn't see that they had them marked as vegan or not, however.

Pros: lots of vegetarian options, some vegan, lots of choice in beers
Cons: smokers congregating outside
Sprout
Sprout

Good variety of vegan options

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2009

I've been here a couple of times and have tried a new vegan option each time: shepherd's pie, sloppy joe's (have to ask for vegan bun) and a special menu item, the potato/spinach patty-thing with apple chutney sauce. I enjoyed everything. The shepherd's pie was really dense, and I wasn't that hungry at the time, so I would like to try it again sometime. When I ordered the sloppy joe's the waiter informed me the buns weren't vegan, and offered to serve it on a vegan bread. And the potato patties were a special of the week and you could tell they were made fresh--delicious. There were plenty of other options to choose from, which is nice and was unexpected. Service has always been fine. I would recommend this place. They have plenty of non-alcoholic beverages, too.

Pros: plenty of vegan options, price, great taste
vegmommy
vegmommy

yummy food and beer!

Posted on 03 / 02 / 2009

This is a great place to go if you're a brew pub loving vegan. I had the tacos (minus sourcrm and cheez) and lover had the nutty burger...both of which were fantastic. This was our second visit..the shepards pie and falafel are delicious as well. Service was "eh" as he didnt know much about the place, nor seemed interested in finding out...however the food is well worth the wait (you will wait for a table during the weekend). LOVED IT and will probably go back to indy just to go to Broadripple (the stout was DELICIOUS!)

Pros: food, beer, atmosphere
jondeles
jondeles

YUMMY!!!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2009

They have a huge menu with TONS of vegetarian things. i had the garden sloppy joe my first time and it's amazing! Nancy's nutty burger is really good too. The appetizers are very good too, and the service is always friendly.

Pros: great service, lots to choose from
lilmammal
lilmammal

Favorite Indianapolis restaurant for vegan options

Posted on 08 / 06 / 2008

Many vegan options and the staff is well-informed about the ingredients. The weekly specials always include a vegetarian item. The kitchen will substitute items to veganize upon request. Reasonable pricing. Nice wait staff. The restaurant does not take reservations so you may be waiting a while on a Fri or Sat evening. Awesome beer - they brew it in house.

Pros: vegan options, nice staff, location
Cons: informal
kellycakes
kellycakes

Great Atmosphere, Tasty Food and Beer

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2008

I've been here quite a few times and have to say, I have never been disappointed. The staff is very friendly and familiar with menu items. They've helped me veganize menu-items before, even down to telling me which bread options contained animal products. Almost any of the vegetarian options can be made vegan by omitting cheese. They even carry Nayonnaise! The falafel is a bit dry. The portabella sandwich is delicious! The Lori's Favorite (hummus and veggies in a pita) is very tasty! The weekly specials usually include at least one vegetarian option. And I have not been disappointed with any yet!

The beer is great, too. Gotta love a good microbrew. If you're a beginner to beer drinking, they will give you samples of each on tap.

Pros: Friendly & Knowledgable Staff, Delicious Veg Options, Great Beer!
Cons: Most Veg. Options Have Cheese
kadkcon
kadkcon

Ick

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2007

My husband (a brit) and I went to Broadripple Brewpub in high hopes of a true British pub. It did not live up to our hopes. My Shepherd's Pie had no taste and no mashed potatoes! My husband said the falafel was not very tasty. It is a great place to go for beer and atmosphere, but we were very disappointed with the food!

Pros: Beer Cheese Crock, Beer, Atmosphere
Cons: Dinners

Dear Owner and Manager of Broadripple Brewpub: