Brighter Day Natural Foods

pandapharmd
pandapharmd

Friendly store

5 Posted on 01 / 24 / 2014

Brighter Day has been in Savannah for over thirty years and you can tell when you walk in. It feels like a small town pharmacy or book store; it has slightly cramped aisles (in a charming way) and old friends. The staff is helpful, the selection is great, and the deli is awesome.

Pros: Environment, Helpful staff, Good selection
Cons: None! Love you guys!
TheVeganVagabond
TheVeganVagabond

Savannah's Vegan Haven

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2013

Brighter Day stocks all the vegan staples, and is quick to get in new products. They have a small deli with some pre-made sandwiches, and will also make them to order (if you don't mind the wait). There are tables out front, and Forsyth Park is right across the street. I love this place and recommend it to everyone in Savannah!

Pros: Large Vegan Selection, Convenient
Cons: Cramped

jknee
jknee

I wish I could live inside.

5 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2010

Brighter Day is my preferred grocer in Savannah. Even though it is tiny, it has a plethora of delicious items ranging from deli-made vegan sandwiches to local heirloom veggies. The staff is very knowledgeable about the products in the store.

Pros: tempeh salad sandwich, local business
Cons: sometimes pricey
navski
navski

good little grocery

4 Posted on 12 / 10 / 2009

I was happy to find this place in Savannah, as they had a good selection of healthy groceries and a couple of good quality prepared salad choices. I had a raw, chopped salad of broccoli and other vegetables that I liked. My only complaint is that I was hoping to get a fresh, green juice of some kind and I asked, but they only will make juices that have a base of carrot with other things added (i.e. carrot & apple). If you don't want carrot then you are out of luck in the juice department.

luvs2travel
luvs2travel

Excellent vegan sandwiches

5 Posted on 04 / 27 / 2009

I had never had tempeh before visiting this excellent health food store, and they had pre-made tempeh sandwiches in the refrigerated deli section that were absolutely wonderful! The barbecue tofu sandwich was also excellent! They have a good selection of healthy, canned beverages and vegan cookies, too. Outstanding store that I highly recommend.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, good value
Cons: deli has limited hours
RaspyRaspy
RaspyRaspy

I don't like grocery shopping anywhere else

5 Posted on 01 / 28 / 2008

I only go here for my groceries. They carry hard to find things that I would otherwise have to order online. Their produce section is small, but what they have is a great selection and I am always able to get everything I need.

Pros: comfortable environment, great selection, helpful staff
msmayz
msmayz

Next door to Sentient Bean -- Don't miss this one!

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2007

Brighter Day is the younger, earthier sister of your favorite local co-op. They have a fantastic grocery selection (with refrigerated/frozen stuff too), and a teeny-tiny fresh produce wall. There's even a book/literature section at the front of the store, with subjects ranging from cooking to holistic health to vitamins to becoming vegan. The deli always has homemade ready-to-eat vegan options, like ratatouille, balsamic bean salad, marinated veggies, or pasta. There's a little bar up by the front window, too, so you can sit, relax, and eat the amazing food you just bought.

Pros: cute & cozy, vegan options, friendly staff
jetgal
jetgal

Get there before the Deli Closes!

4 Posted on 09 / 04 / 2007

This is a great little place. They carry a lot of vegan options and the Deli will make just about anything vegan for you. The staff is very helpful and the location is great. It's located on Forsyth park, so you can stop by and grab stuff for a picnic in the park.

Pros: Friendly Staff, healthy cuisine, yummy vegan cake
Cons: a little pricy, closes too early

Dear Owner and Manager of Brighter Day Natural Foods: