Serves meat, veg options available. Has a seperate vegan menu, which includes pizza with 'cheese', alfredo pasta, stuffed shells, and vegan sandwich served with a side of vegan mac and cheese. Buffet on Tuesday night includes some vegan options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Buffet, Italian, American, Pizza, Non-veg

First Review by Vegangurrl
wallowingcrumble
wallowingcrumble

They have vegan cookies

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Need I say more? Yes? Ok!
Really great all around! Great food, overwhelmingly large selection for vegan and gluten free. Literally, anything you want, you can get here. They stay open late as well, so when you have a hankering, make this one of your first stops!

Pros: Great food, Great atmospere, Great people
veggiesim
veggiesim

Nom Nom Nom

4 Posted on 09 / 12 / 2012

This place is the best, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! I love the verity and being able to choose from more than 1 or 2 choices. My husband who is not a vegan loves this place (and the vegan food). Its wonderful to swap half-way though a sandwich or pizza and get to try 2 different menu items each time we go. I'd give this place 5 cows if I could, please support places that have vegan stuff on their menu. The more we show our support the more likely other business will have vegan food and items.

Pros: Vegan pizza!, Beer, Large vegan selection
Cons: Loud when busy, East town parking
happycowgirl
happycowgirl

5-Cow Worthy

4 Posted on 06 / 16 / 2012

This is one of those rare restaurants that although they serve meat, they are absolutely 5-cow worthy. Their menu is *loaded* with vegan options. You can get far more vegan dishes here than at the 100% vegetarian restaurant in town (Gaia Cafe). In fact, I relish the feeling in a restaurant like this because even though it serves meat, the vegan vibe dominates. Brick Road has achieved something that appears rather difficult in the restaurant world: to have a primarily vegan restaurant with a predominantly mainstream clientele.

If you're vegan, you will be happily overwhelmed with all the options on the menu and basking in vegan glory. It's the kind of place where you go and it makes you think if every place was like this, all would be right with the world. Their pizzas, sandwiches, sides - everything is delicious. Service can get slow when it's busy and when it's hot in summer they are slow to crank the A/C, but it's a small price to pay to experience these tasty vegan delights.

tjoom
tjoom

Best pizza around

4 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2012

Love their food, other pizza places don't compare. Their vegan pizza is the best. I'd prefer that cheese over regular dairy cheese--less greasy.

Pros: Great food
samanthamuffin
samanthamuffin

Deserves 5 Cows!

4 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2011

I love places like Brick Road Pizza. As vegans, there is some sort of universal "stick it to the man" vibe regarding restaurants that aren't totally veg. For example, I cannot give this restaurant the 5 cows that it deserves. There is a higher chance that a meat eater will try vegan food if it's readily available to them in a non-threatening, "normal" restaurant like Brick Road Pizza, but I digress.

My husband and I ate here recently. There is parking in the back, and there is also a little parking lot around the corner. The inside is adorable. We sat at probably one of the most comfy booths ever. They serve some really great craft beers at a decent price.

Our waitress was adorable and didn't pressure me to order when I was obviously overwhelmed by the extensive amount of vegan foods offered. Let me also point out that the options were nearly endless and all so different. I ordered a vegan Philly Cheese Steak sandwich, which is unlike me because I don't like faux beef. I ordered ciabatta bread, which was amazing. It was flat and crisp, reminiscent of a Greek pita. The filling was amazing. It had seitan playing the roll of steak, and it was delicious. It didn't taste beefy or fake. The inside was gooey and creamy. I loved it. It came with a side of kettle cooked chips and a pickle. I wish there was an option on the side without having to pay $2 extra.

The prices were a little high. My husband ordered a non-vegan pizza and wasn't crazy about it for the cost.

All in all, I loved it here and would definitely go back!

Pros: Many vegan options, Delicious, Comfortable
Cons: Pricey

conniex721
conniex721

Five Cows

4 Posted on 07 / 22 / 2011

I loved it! This pizza place has it all. The vegan options are limitless, and there's something to please every omnivore as well. None of the "crunchy granola" vibe that can scare off people unaccustomed to veganism. I can't wait to eat here again and again. Also, try the buffalo tofu, it's amazing! My only adjustment would be to possible ask for slightly less oil in my dish, which I bet they would be more than happy to accommodate.

Pros: Great Variety, Comfortable Atmosphere
kabe3e
kabe3e

Delicious Options

4 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

Full vegan menu including delicious stuffed shells, a variety of pizzas, sandwiches, appetizers and sides. Portions are generous and prices are quite reasonable.

Pros: excellent food, great selection, friendly service
cynicalveg
cynicalveg

Brick Road Pizza Co.

4 Posted on 04 / 01 / 2011

Fantastic menu for any veg*n! Separate menus for omni and veggiesaurasus. The restaurant is minimalist and the service isn't lightning fast, but the food is delicious and well worth the wait. The staff is also friendly and happy to accomdate vegans! Go here!

Pros: Great veg menus, Delicious, Friendly service
Cons: A little slow
jaclark00
jaclark00

Great Veg Comfort Food

4 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2011

While the menu is not a healthy one, it is very veg & very delecious. All of the sandwiches are to die for, the veggie chips that come with the meals are so yummy & the pizza is delicious. One of the best dining options for vegs in the area, for sure.

Pros: Excellent Food, Good Service, Great Atmosphere
Rambling Woman
Rambling Woman

If you only eat ONE place in Grand Rapids:

4 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2009

Make it the Brick Road Pizza Company. I'm serious. Best veggie burgers ever (and I have eaten vegan all over the country) vegan alfredo and even potato skins, open late, friendly staff who doesn't make you feel like you should be sorry you are asking for vegan options (like at snotty Gaia)!

Pros: Delicious, Reasonably Priced, Fun
Cons: Not one in every city
Hapboosmil
Hapboosmil

Best Vegan-friendly place I have eaten at so far

4 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2009

I just went to this restaurant today, and I have to say that it is by far the best vegan-friendly restaurant I have been to so far. The food is exemplary and the service is fantastic. There is a vegan chef on staff, and the owner actually came out to meet us. Also, if you have food allergies, this restaurant is great, because most everything is homemade and they can tell you exactly what is in it. I will be returning very frequently to this restaurant, and I will be telling all of my veg friends about it. I highly recommend that everyone who has the chance tries it, even if you have to drive cross state! On a side note, if some of your friends are omni, there will be something that they can enjoy as well. If I could give it a higher rating, I would!

Pros: large vegan selection, absolutely amazing food, very accomodating
Cons: none
bavegan
bavegan

Finally!

4 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2009

I just love this place. I lived in GR for three years before this place existed. I came back for a wedding and ate here every day I was in town. The menu is large and has a great variety of things to choose from. I came here with a different person each time, all non-veggies. It's nice to have a place that I can take people without them complaining about not having a meat option. There is free wifi too... I will come here everytime I have to return to West MI.

Pros: Variety, Delicious, Friendly staff
Cons: Didn't exist when I lived here
number3legs
number3legs

delicious vegan menu

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2009

I went to the Sunday brunch buffet last weekend, and it rocked. The cook was really friendly and approachable, told me what was vegan straight away and told me he's vegan too. The food was delicious, there was a lot of vegan food including: tofu scramble stromboli, pizza, lasagna, spaghetti, breadsticks, raw fruit, a salad bar with pasta salad, and really tasty strawberry pancakes. And! chocolate chip cookies and some seriously amazing, moist carrot cake.

The Saturday night before, I was hanging out at the Meanwhile with some friends and we were hungry so we tried to get slices of pizza from Brick Road, but they were out. It was 10'o'clock on a Saturday night, not a reasonable time to be out of pizza by the slice. I also ordered a couple of pizzas from there a few weeks ago. My omni friends said their pizza was the best they've had in GR. I got the Philly Cheese Steak vegan pizza and it wasn't really my thing, I didn't like the veganaise sauce base. But their other food was great and I'll definitely try them again next time I'm in town.

Pros: delicious vegan menu, sunday buffet, friendly and knowledgable staff
Cons: out of slices on saturday night
doug
doug

best pizza anywhere!

4 Posted on 03 / 22 / 2009

I have been eating at brick road since it opened. They have great food and service. There prices are good especially considering the quailty of the food they offer. The pizza is the best I have had anywhere in Michigan or Chicago. The crust and sauce is fantastic. They also have a great Sunday AUCE brunch - Try it!

Vegangurrl
Vegangurrl

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2009

We just tried 3 different vegan pizzas tonight and they were way beyond our expectations. The chef who created the vegan portion of the menu is vegan himself. This will be the only place we order pizza from in the future. 4 stars

Pros: There is a section dedicated to vegans, eco friendly atmosphere, affordable
Cons: None that I know of so far

Dear Owner and Manager of Brick Road Pizza Co.: