Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria offering a vegan soy cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Pizza, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by jjamie79
Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Vegan Pizza!

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2013

I had actually been here before on previous trips to Baltimore. I went this time around and was excited that they still had vegan pizza! I order two slices-when I got them the slices were HUGE! I was so stuffed. This place is reasonably priced and the pizza is yummy. Go check it out!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Friendly staff
NIBsmf
NIBsmf

Yummy!

4 Posted on 08 / 26 / 2012

I am rather picky about my pizza, and I can say enthusiastically that I quite like this place. I have yet to try the vegan pizza, but I can vouch for the plain pizza and pizza with veggies. I have never experienced the long lines others write about in their reviews, but I can understand that might happen since it's in a busy location.

Updated from previous review on Sunday August 15, 2010
I finally got a chance to try the vegan pizza, and I liked it a lot. I was told the same thing that another reviewer posted about: that if you get vegan pizza by the slice, they just take off the dairy cheese on already made plain pizza, put Teese on it, and heat it up. I thought this sounded disgusting, so I opted for a 10" personal size pizza, which is fine by me anyway since I have yummy leftovers!

Pros: Tasty, Great vegan options, Nice atmosphere
Cons: To be truly vegan, have to get a pie
mykiddosdaddy
mykiddosdaddy

Awesome pizza

4 Posted on 06 / 17 / 2012

Stopped here because we were craving some vegan pizza that we did not have to make. We ordered the Ultimate Veggie pizza (minus the eggplant). It was one of the best pizzas we have ever had. All the flavors just blended together perfectly. To top it off the atmosphere was great. It is in a beautiful part of Baltimore. Next time we are down in Baltimore we will definitely go back. I would give it 5 cows, but I can only rate a non-veg restaurant 4.

Pros: Delicious, great atmosphere, helpful staff
Cons: I, don't , know

Took
Took

SUPER YUM

4 Posted on 10 / 24 / 2011

I had the vegan cheeze pizza last wkend and it was wonderful! I highly recommend. The crust, sauce, cheeze, EVERYTHING...was in perfect balance. I

Pros: Delicious
floraposte
floraposte

VEGANS BEWARE

1 Posted on 11 / 21 / 2010

The "vegan" pizza is their regular pizza with dairy cheese wiped-off and teese added. The cashier said this is how they *always* make the vegan pizza.

Cons: not vegan, gross, yuck
Cara Beara
Cara Beara

Soya Pizza is Yum Yum

4 Posted on 09 / 29 / 2010

I was weary at first but thought, "hey, I don't have to make it!," and got a small caper pizza with soya cheese. It was very good, the cheese was a little too sweet for typical pizza taste, however, I'm not picky. I know it's hard to find this option in Baltimore, do you gotta take what you can get! I did eat the WHOLE 10" pizza if that says anything.

Pros: Vegan Pizza!?, Unique Toppings, Friendly Service
Cons: Gourmet soda with H.F.C.S., Very Expensive for Soy Cheese!
  • Cara Beara Cara Beara

so you gotta take what you can get!**** :-p

rileysoprano
rileysoprano

Oooh how I love this place!!!

4 Posted on 04 / 24 / 2010

The walk round trip from my front door to BOP and back is 5 miles and yet I do it (and drag people with me) regularly. It is just that good. Where else can you get vegan pizza by the slice that is tasty and fast! The service is always good and quick and everyone I have ever taken (veg or not) has loved it!

Pros: vegan by the slice, friendly staff, fairly quick
Cons: it gets crowded
lyndie87
lyndie87

Phenomenal!

4 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

I ordered a large/18" ($18) teese ($4) pizza with artichokes, sundried tomato, black olives, and basil (toppings $8). $30 for a pizza is a bit pricey but it was quite big and we'll have leftovers for a couple days. The pizza was downright delicious! All of the ingredients were super fresh and that was the best sauce I've EVER tasted. The staff was very nice & service was great. We were lucky enough to get immediate service but I did notice a long line form while we were eating. The atmosphere was cozy and laid back. This will definitely be a monthly treat for our family - maybe 2x/month if we can afford to!

Pros: excellent food, fresh ingredients, friendly staff
Cons: pricey
amandalkent
amandalkent

GREAT Pizza!

4 Posted on 04 / 25 / 2009

Brick Oven Pizza is a "must visit" place for vegans. They use "Teese" vegan "cheese" which is absolutely amazing. They do charge extra for the vegan cheese, but it is understandable as Teese is expensive.
They also offer a mock mozzarella (with the Teese) and tomato salad.
Both are amazing.
Lines can be extremely long there, but it is worth the wait!

Pros: delicious, location
Cons: pricee, wait
jjamie79
jjamie79

Good Pizza, Not So Good Prices

3 Posted on 06 / 09 / 2008

This is a good place to go with your nonveg friends and/or family. The prices for the plain pies are fair but the price for individual slices with vegan cheese is a bit high, especially if you get veg toppings. The toppings were skimpy too. Still, its great that they even offer soy cheese, the crust and sauce were really good and the service was fast.

Dear Owner and Manager of Brick Oven Pizza: