Breakfast of Course

Serves meat, veg options available. Small and cozy atmosphere. Has tofu, tempeh, vegetarian sausage, a vegan burger, and others. Whole leaf teas served. Previously named Mary's Of Course Cafe on Brookstown Ave. Confirmed open Feb 2012. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Ovo, Lacto, American, Non-veg

First Review by jetgal
jetgal
jetgal

Something for Everyone

4 Posted on 11 / 20 / 2011

I just went to Breakfast of Course for the first time and I'll be back. Get there by 10am Sunday if you don't want to wait in line for brunch because this place is pretty popular. I ordered the Tofu Scramble with hash browns- it was a little different than other tofu scrambles that I've had before, but it was good. If you don't care for lots of pepper though, I'd make a request to have them abstain from adding it as it came with a ton of pepper on it. I love pepper, so it worked for me. Usually a tofu scramble as turmeric to make it look yellow- this was more of a cubed tofu with veggies - very "fall looking" if that makes sense. My ovo-lacto friend ordered breakfast nachos and it looked great. She almost ate it all so I'm assuming it was delicious. The portions are huge and for a busy Sunday morning, it didn't take very long for the food to come out. I wish they had a few more vegan options (like vegan French Toast) but since this is the only place around that caters to vegans, I'm happy there's at least something.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Large Portions, Something for Everyone
Cons: few vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Breakfast of Course: