Organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, and whole grain bakery. Everything is gluten-free with a small selection of vegan baked goods (cookies, cupcakes). The breads contain egg. more-less
5264 W Pico Blvd (S Cochran Ave)
Los Angeles, California 90019
Now Open

Wed-Thu 10:00am-5:00pm, Fri 10:00am-3:00pm, Sun 10:00am-3:00pm

First Review by Chia

Vegan baked goods selection

Posted on 01 / 01 / 2012

I had read about this place on happycow and thought to give it a try, to see what kind of vegan baked goods are made here. Was here a few weeks ago, and here's my Breakaway Bakery review.

It's a cute little bakery that makes everything gluten free. The vegan items are labeled. Today I saw cookies, a couple cupcakes, and the owner brought out day-old vegan donuts and gave me a discount on those. I bought an assortment of the vegan stuff, and took them home to share with my husband and child. We all enjoyed the treats with green oolong tea. Yum.

Each baked good piece is kinda small and dainty. Prices are moderated, and the ingredients used are all natural, good quality, and some organic.

I wanted an espresso, but they only offer straight brewed coffee. Tea and rice milk also available for purchase.

Pros: good taste, quality ingredients, clean
Cons: pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Breakaway Bakery: