Bread Bar Earth To Table

Serves meat, veg options available. Bakery by day, pizzeria at night. Offers organic and locally grown produce items from its own 100-acre farm and other producers. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

ThatHippieMom
ThatHippieMom

Dissapointed

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2015

Went here with a group of friends after hearing that this place was veg friendly. Our waitress Sara B was BRUTAL. She was very curt with everyone at the table and was less then helpful answering menu questions. I asked her what pizza sauces had dairy in them because I couldn’t eat dairy. I ended up ordering the potato pizza (which had no cheese listed on the menu) with no sauce just a drizzle of olive oil. When my pizza came it was covered in some white substance that looks suspiciously like cheese. I got her attention and reminded her that I had ordered the pizza with no sauce she replied rudely, there is no sauce on that. I asked her what all this white stuff was and she looked at me like I had two heads and said “uh, cheese”. I reminded her that I told her I couldn’t eat dairy and she says “you never asked for no cheese”. So I pointed at the item listed on the menu that did not list mozza or any kind of cheese for that matter. I asked for another pizza with no cheese and she then asked me if I wanted to keep the pizza that I had been given. I told her no that all of my companions had their meals and since I COULDN’T EAT DAIRY I would have no use for it. About 20 minutes later I was brought out a burnt pizza covered in oil. My friends also had issues with their meals and nothing was rectified for them. I was disappointed at the rude behaviour of our waitress and the fact that no manager came by to check on us or speak to me about the issue I had with my dish or the issues my friends had with theirs. I was however relieved that I did not get a bill for my pizza. I will never go back after such a horrible experience with not only the waitress but also the food and the clearly not veg friendly atmosphere.

Pros: location
Cons: service, food
JaniceMortimer
JaniceMortimer
  • non-vegetarian

amazing

Posted on 02 / 01 / 2014

Great place for a casual delicious meal. Always busy so plan on a little wait for a table. Pizza is awesome...desserts delicious. Highly recommend.

Pros: Health, local produce, a lot of natural and organic ingredients
Cons: busy place, parking on the road
krissimi
krissimi

Decent veg food for being a meaty place

Posted on 05 / 21 / 2013

Good salad and pizza even though it's not wood fire. Definitely the best pizza option on Locke Street and in the top 3 for in the city of Hamilton.

Pros: atmosphere, quality ingredients
Cons: desserts are too sweet, not always seating

Nathan
Nathan

One of Hamilton's best

Posted on 11 / 04 / 2011

Although they serve meat, this place is still probably one of the better choices in Hamilton. Most of their menu is organic or natural and comes from it's 100 acre farm or other local farms. It's also a bakery during the day. You can purchase some great whole grain breads, including seasonal sourdoughs.

They offer plenty of vegan & vegetarian options and are very open to adjusting orders. It's a fair-sized place with seating for about 50. It's always busy and do not accept reservations under 6 people. The tables are close together and it can be quite loud at times, so it's not somewhere to take a romantic date. :) But for everything else, it's great. quality

Pros: Quality ingredients
Cons: Loud at times

Dear Owner and Manager of Bread Bar Earth To Table: