Became all vegan since Jun 2013. Offers all-day breakfast with bread and chocolate French toast, Belgian waffles, buckwheat pancakes, biscuits and gravy, breakfast tacos; plus lunch burger, sandwiches, salads, soups, small plates; and chocolate, baked sweets & breads. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, American, Western, Bakery, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Barbaritaville
Ital Wombman
Ital Wombman

Excellent Food!!!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2014

My husband and I recently ate here while on a cruise. We were so excited to find a vegan eatery close to the port and boy were the previous reviews on point! The food was bursting with flavour and very fresh. My husband the breakfast burrito and I had the Caribbean bowl with jerk tofu. After being vegan for over 30 years I can say that I have acquired a very scrutinising palette. I was very impressed! The desserts were also delicious. We had the chocolate chip cookies and the coconut ice cream. The owner was very friendly and seemed to take pride in her food as she mingled with guests and asked them about heir dining experience. I will definitely return when ever I am on the island.

Mike Silver
Mike Silver

Amazing Food And Staff.

5 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2014

I've been to Grand Cayman on nine trips over the last two years. I always go to B&C. The food is excellent, staff is friendly and welcoming, and the desserts are amazing. It's a vegan oasis.

Pros: Completely Vegan, Not Gonna Get An Egg Or Cheese S
cari_nelson
cari_nelson

Amazing - Even Carnivores Love It

5 Posted on 03 / 05 / 2014

This is an amazing restaurant, foods great, staff is super friendly and don't even get me started on the desserts!! My father and Brother are practically carnivores and they absolutely love this place as well... Its right in town in the cutest little shop, so available to cruise shippers/tourists and locals :) 100% recommend this place

anthonyasnan
anthonyasnan

Very Good!

5 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2013

Working in George Town is a struggle for anyone who wants to find a decent, healthy breakfast or lunch - never mind anything vegan. Options are extremely limited. The opening of this restaurant was a godsend. Everything I've tried thus far from the Island Bowl to the Breakfast Platter has been delicious. Very high recommendation for Bread and Chocolate. Well done!

Pros: Excellent Food, Great Atmosphere, Good Value and Friendly Staff
aaron-the-vegan
aaron-the-vegan

Awesome Menu Items - Great Prices - AMAZING FOOD

5 Posted on 05 / 20 / 2013

Being Vegan there are so few choices of restaurants to frequent in Grand Cayman so I was so excited to learn of this new restaurant! My wife and I have been there a few times already in the first couple of weeks they've been open and we absolutely cannot say enough good things about it! As you first walk in you'll feel the LOVE immediately, the vibe is fantastic. I noticed reclaimed pieces like the coffee creamer/sugar station, the shelving behind the counter and so on. I just loved that aspect, you know they are very conscious of their carbon footprint. It almost looks like the restaurant has been running there for many years by the look and feel of it, which is refreshing. The staff and owners all share the same passion for healthy food options and it's so nice that they are equally knowledgeable and as passionate as I am. Having a major thing in common (a healthy lifestyle) with who you do business with is important.
Now for the all important topic; THE FOOD:
The food is amazing! We've tried a couple breakfast and a couple lunch menu items as well as 4 of their desserts and they are all fantastic, we cannot wait to try the rest of the items. The variety of plates showcase a true chef's vision, it's not just a menu with a bunch of tofu and rice dishes like what a vegan restaurant's stereotype might suggest. I've eaten very good vegan cheeses, sauces, sour creams and other tough to master ingredients and I must say, theirs top the charts. The sauces and sour cream especially are mind boggling. All vegan, pure amazingness!
For the Non-Vegan or Non-Vegetarian be not discouraged! There are so many tasty dishes, you will not miss the meat. Especially with the breakfast menu, they have some very filling and tasty options. 'The Breakfast Plate' is to die for.
We've been to restaurants in the Cayman Islands that fail to offer even one vegetarian option so we are so pleased that we have an entire menu to sample at Bread and Chocolate.
Give this spot a try, you'll be glad you did.

Pros: Excellent menu options, Very tasty food, All around AMAZING
Barbaritaville
Barbaritaville
  • non-vegetarian

BEST VEGAN RESTAURANT IN CAYMAN

5 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2013

I had my first Bread and Chocolate experience last thursday; my friend ,who's has been in every day since they opened, took me in. WOW!! This hidden gem has me hooked!! Let me start by saying that I'm not vegan or even vegetarian, but the full flavor and freshness of the ingredient didn't make me miss any animal products at all... who knew that vegan cheese (made with cashews nuts) could taste so good?!
As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the super friendly Agata who made us feel right at home! We ordered a bunch of things from the menu (I wanted to try everything!!!) we started with the soup of the day: Carrot-Tahini-lemon soup: it was served with homemade bread (they make all their bread and pastry!!)... what to say... it was so good i forgot to take a picture :-). Then we had the beet tartar... served with homemade crostini, OMG, best appetizer I've ever had! The taco were amazing (probably my favorite because of all the flavor that I wasn't expecting from a vegan dish). We also had the happy "tuna" salad on wheat bread (yummmm) and a chocolate chip cookie to end the meal (the best cookie I've ever had!)
I can't wait to go back to try their delicious breakfast menu (served all day long)
Keep up the good work! Highly recommended to anyone who loves homemade, healthy (but tasty), non process food reasonably priced!

P.S Cleanest restroom I've ever seen, and so nicely decorated!!!

Pros: EXCELLENT FOOD QUALITY, GOOD VALUE, AMAZING STAFF

Dear Owner and Manager of Bread and Chocolate: