Small shop carrying foods and grocery that include vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, wheat-free, dairy-free, chocolate, supplements, body care, books, fresh produce, and more. more-less

First Review by Debbie M
spiderylue
spiderylue

A small haven in a small town

4 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2013

I was really happy to find BNF when I moved here to College Station. This is close to the A&M campus, which is useful and they carry a decent selection of vegan goods including cheese (Daiya! Hooray!), "meats", soy ice cream, spreads etc which you can't get at the HEB. The staff are super friendly and helpful and there is a good bulk section at the back including a vast array of herbs and spices. Oh and there's also pretty much always chocolate on sale!

My one and only issue with BNF is the prices. It's unfortunate that small businesses have to price things higher because their overheads are more stringent....it's pretty tough on the bank balance, being a grad student and some weeks I just can't afford to shop here. Sometimes I'll buy maybe 5 items and it will cost me almost $20!

Pros: Good selection, Sale chocolate!, Friendly staff
Cons: Expensive
Guest
Guest

great store!

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2012

Brazos Natural Foods is the only place in town that sells tempeh, my main source of protein. They also carry many vegan-friendly snacks and ingredients.

The people there are always friendly and very helpful. Actually, I found out about tempeh from one of the people there! There's also a number you can text to ask questions about inventory. It's so convenient! I've taken advantage of it many times. :)

Pros: friendly staff, great selection
Debbie M
Debbie M
  • non-vegetarian

Fantastic Find!

5 Posted on 08 / 20 / 2010

I have been a patron of Brazos Natural foods for 22 years.  It is definitely a hidden gem.  From  the outside, the store looks tiny, but when you enter, you find out it is like the TARDIS from Dr. Who.   It is amazing the quantity of quality products you can find in such a small space.

I know I can (sometimes) find Bubbie's pickles at other stores, but BNF always has them and they are always cheaper than at the other places.

I have not found the local goat milk ricotta, or the goat milk ice cream (to die for) at any other place in town.  When I want a product that they do not carry, the store tries to order it for  me.

The staff has been consistently friendly and knowledgeable.  In fact, my doctor specifically told me to get my vitamins at BNF.

I really feel we are very lucky to have this here.

BNF is part of the community. They contribute to dozens of local charity events each year.  The owner and staff live here,  and really work to make B/CS I  great place to live.

Don't take my word on how great this place is.  Try it out for yourself.  You won't regret it.

Pros: Clean, Knowledgeable staff , great selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Brazos Natural Foods: