Cafe and bakery. In addition to regular bakery items and bubble tea drinks. Vegan/vegetarian options available. No longer serving hot food items, only bakery goods, cakes, coffee and tea, as of May 2014. more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Bakery

Mon-Thu 10:00am-8:30pm, Fri-Sat 10:00am-10:00pm

First Review by condekedar
missmanda
missmanda

Yummy bubble tea, limited vegan food

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

So happy to find a good location for bubble tea, it was sweet but not too overpowering. Unfortunately they do not serve hot food. They had some dried vegan meats available, but I did not purchase any. This place is great if you want a drink or are veggie and want to pop in for a dessert.

Pros: good bubble tea
Cons: no more vegan meals
EverydayTastiness
EverydayTastiness

Tasty Takeout

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2013

Take out is our favorite. The inside space is small and only seats about a dozen people. There is usually plenty of 30 minute parking out front on Grand Ave as well.

Bravo is one of my wife's favorite restaurants. Lots of my friends enjoy it as well. The food taste good and it is relatively cheap. All the food is vegan unless marked as NV (not vegan) which confused me the first time I went there.

Our favorite thing to get is the peppered steak. It is made from gluten and it very savory. The sauce is great, and the green bell peppers add a nice splash of color and crunchiness. I also like to get the sauteed green beans.

Pros: Tasty Food, Mostly Vegan, Clearly labeled menu
Cons: Small seating area
earthville
earthville

Tasty and affordable Asian staples

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2012

These folks know their way around flavor and texture. Generous portions of very tasty vegan (and a few lacto-ovo) versions of classic overseas Chinese menu favorites.

Though Bravo Cafe isn't completely vegan, it does have a mostly-vegan menu on which non-vegan items are clearly marked.

The only thing that would keep me from eating here more often is that it seems not much attention is paid to creating healthy cuisine aside from the option of brown rice (and the elimination of meat, obviously). The menu favors rich, processed, fried foods, especially faux "meats" (which have satisfying flavor and texture but really not especially good for you due to being highly processed), so one would have to order carefully to keep a salubrious balance on the plate. Suggestion: Take at least one friend with you so you can order multiple dishes -- like one of the fried fauxtein dishes and a couple of plates of (unprocessed) veggies.

My only other quibble is that none of their desserts are vegan. I've been to many similar places that offer a great selection of vegan desserts, so we know it can be done well. If they would try offering vegan versions of at least one or two desserts, that would add to the appeal.

Limited seating, so if you're bringing a big group, try coming well before or after the lunch/dinner rushes.

Pros: great taste and texture, very reasonable prices
Cons: not completely vegan, limited healthy options

McRehwaldt
McRehwaldt

Made me wish I still lived in the Cities

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

I was in St. Paul visiting my old college stomping grounds and wanted some good vegetarian lunch. Google made some suggestions and Bravo Cafe happened to be on our way.

I'm so HAPPY it was. Delicious food, friendly service and all-around good experience. I've never had vegetarian Chinese as good and have been continually disappointed with anything since.

It's my newest MUST when visiting MSP.

Pros: DELICIOUS, FRIENDLY, Great Value
rmark25
rmark25

good food, friendly people

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2010

I stopped by this place on the way to Minneapolis from the airport and I was very happy I did. I loved the menu and the owners suggested the BBQ Ribs. Good, mock meat chineese food. I had a smoothie and the owners even gave me a bubble tea w/ soy to try. Excellent!
Great place to go if you are in the area. The desserts looked good, also

Pros: good food, Bubble Tea, Friendly staff
ToddL
ToddL

Excellent value!

Posted on 01 / 27 / 2010

Bravo must be the best value in the Twin Cites for a vegan meal! Prices are low, and portions generous. My favorite is fried tofu with Szechuan sauce (it's not on the menu, but they will make it for you). Their vegetable dumplings are also very good. Their bubble teas are very good, but a bit pricier. No worries of finding a piece of animal flesh in your meal here as it is 100% vegetarian!

Pros: Price, Portion, Friendly
Cons: Limited seating
steroidicalkiwi
steroidicalkiwi

very good!

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2008

i frequent this place a lot and am a regular. the owner's are buddhist and that is a great plus. i truly enjoy the food here. the veggie dumplings and sweet and sour "chicken" are favorites. the vegan marble cake is very good as well.

Pros: friendly, good food!, bubble teeeeaaa
Cons: small (limited seating)
condekedar
condekedar

Cute place, great food and dessert

Posted on 11 / 17 / 2007

Bravo is a cute little bakery/cafe with an assortment of vegan Chinese-entrees and some vegan cakes and sweets. Their vegan spongecake is super-moist and subtly sweet and one of the best I've had. Their dishes are all light, tasty and simple. Prices are extremely low ($5 a dish for entrees, $3 or less for desserts) and the service is fast and friendly. This cafe only holds about a dozen people, so space might be an issue for larger parties. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Pros: Inexpensive, Service, Quality, taste
Cons: Limited seating