Bragg's Factory Diner

Opened Mar 2013 this is an all-veg breakfast and lunch food diner. Offers waffles and potatoes, fruit pies, tofu scrambles, biscuits and gravy, locally roasted Xanadu Coffee brand coffee. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, American, Bakery, Take-out

First Review by Tigra220
Imriela
Imriela

Food was meh; desserts looked amazing

3 Posted on 07 / 27 / 2014

As some other reviews said, the food is decent. My vegan breakfast that I had for dinner was alright. The eggplant bacon was the worst of it, and I only had one bite. The hash browns were kind of burnt, but edible. The pancakes were… well pancakes, as long as you don't burn them it's hard to mess up. The biscuit and gravy was interesting; not bad, but different.
I had a beet burger that I took to go for lunch the next day, it was pretty good, but nothing to write home about.

I was going to get some desserts, as they looked amazing and by the reaction of the group next to me, they must have tasted amazing as well. However, they use almond milk in all of their desserts and I have a nut allergy, so I am unable to review first hand how the desserts tasted.

Pros: Desserts, Friendly
Cons: Lackluster Meals
eirrac
eirrac

delish desserts, decent food

4 Posted on 05 / 01 / 2014

came in here with a groupon and went straight for the desserts. the cookies were too crunchy for me; i prefer mine to be chewy. the peanut butter chocolate pie was amaze-balls! and the white chocolate mocha chocolate chip cake was wonderful as well. had an issue with the cake i ordered for my bday; they made chocolate when i had ordered vanilla. they made me another one with no charge! great service:-) we haven't had a lot on the menu but we have tried the eggplant bacon (not a fan, i prefer tempeh). we were blown away by the excellent bisquits and gravy (you just need to ask for extra gravy when you order) and the curry coconut waffles were a unique delight. can't wait to go back and try some more stuff! the bathroom is cute and clean and i love all the pictures and salt shakers they've collected. kitschy and fun!

Pros: amazing desserts, good food, amazing customer service
Cons: slow due to prepared when ordered
Maktub
Maktub

Great People

3 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

I had the Portobello and apple slaw sandwich with rosemary potatoes. It was very good. Although my friend had the potato salad that was a little under cooked and under seasoned. Sadly the coffee was atrocious but it may have been an old pot. We were there in the evening. The people working there were wonderful and the prices were very reasonable. I will go back.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Great Prices , Lots of Choices
Cons: Not enough seasoning

PhilippaPickering
PhilippaPickering

excellent find

5 Posted on 09 / 26 / 2013

This was our first stop on our america tour and it was well worth the stop. I went with my non-vegan husband and he enjoyed it too. We shared 2 sandwiches and took a cookie each for the drive and they were excellent, very tasty and good sizes. The staff were lovely and very helpful. Definitely recommended.

Pros: excellent food, good choices, homemade desserts
Cons: a little out of the way
djgilbert
djgilbert

Terrific breakfast and excellent coffee

4 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2013

Went to Bragg's on a hot summer day for Saturday breakfast. The tofu scramble was one of the best I have had. The coffee was also excellent - nice, non-bitter flavor.

Pros: Friendly owners, Good menu with value for money, Great coffee
Cons: Should advertise light rail proximity
kalangford01
kalangford01
  • herbivore

Fantastic Find

5 Posted on 06 / 08 / 2013

We hunted this place down in Phoenix thanks to happycow. We were so pleased with the variety on the menu and the freshness and quality...all foods that we could eat! What a treat. It's mostly vegan with just a few things that have cheese or eggs offered, but you can still request any item to be dairy free as well. I had the Rueben Sandwich...a portabella mushroom version of the classic with some added apple bits, homemade saurkraut and vegan thousand island dressing. Wow! My husband had the pancakes which were light and fluffy and my daughter the beet burger. All great meals. We live 100 miles away but we will be frequent flyers to this lovely little restaurant. The staff is helpful and friendly. The place has a lot of history and character. Don't be afraid of the neighborhood. It's in an old section of downtown Phoenix, but no worries. They have their own parking area and it's on a nice little corner on Grand and 13th Ave.

Pros: Mostly Vegan, Quaint with Character and History, Friendly and Helpful Staff
Cons: A Little Hard to Find
sglcklch
sglcklch

What a great find!

4 Posted on 05 / 16 / 2013

We were driving from Sedona to Phoenix airport to fly back home and had about an hour or so to get some grub. Originally we were just going to take the easy route and go to a Whole Foods, but we landed on this place thanks to Happycow.

It was a cute little place on the corner of the street with probably around 20 seats. Very down-to-earth, a little hippyish atmosphere. The menu, although wasn't big, was mostly vegan. The staff was very friendly and helpful with recommendations. They also made sure to expedite our orders so that we could get to the airport in time for our flight.

We shared the coconut waffles with eggplant bacon, the mushroom-apple-sauerkraut sandwich with hash browns, and the kale salad with lots of walnuts and quinoa. Everything was delicious. When the staff told us the kale salad was huge, it really was (which was perfect because I love a massive salad). Although if it were up to me, I would've massaged the kale a bit to soften it up. The waffles were totally awesome; the eggplant "bacon", while not resembling that nasty stuff at all, was tasty nonetheless. The sandwich was excellent, so were the hash browns. The only thing that took one cow off my rating was the ventilation-I found it stuffy inside, cooking odors were too strong, which has always been a pet peeve of mine. The noise level could get high at times as well. But the bottom line is that the food was great and the value was right (we paid $25 for our meal). We left happy and satisfied.

P.S. I saw a lot of people having the biscuit and gravy. I bet they are really good!

Pros: great food, good value, friendly staff
Cons: ventilation, noise level
nsweeney
nsweeney

Great new diner!

5 Posted on 03 / 29 / 2013

Very happy to have this new restaurant option. My husband and I have eaten here 3 times now and have not been disappointed yet. Everything is vegan if you choose tofu and leave off the cheese. Very friendly staff. Coconut curry waffles, pancakes, hashbrowns (great diner version)and PIE are all wonderful. We joke everytime that we have to remember that it is not polite to lick your plate. Oh and prices are really reasonable as are the portions.

Pros: Excellent food, Very friendly staff, Eclectic dishes
Cons: Not 100% vegan
Tigra220
Tigra220

Delightful Veggie Diner!

4 Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

As of this review, the listed address is incorrect; the correct address is 1301 NW Grand. (A minor detail that had me circling the corner of Grand & 7th ave multiple times) ;) I called and was guided to the right place. There's a large "Bragg's Pie Factory" sign, which is very helpful for people, like me, who have never been down here before.

We had the Frank Lloyd Bite and Koo-Koo Banana Pancakes. Everything was good. I'm not a big fan of the eggplant "bacon" but it was still good in taste. My favorite was the biscuit and gravy. If any veg*ns are from the south, this reminds me of southern granny's breakfast biscuits. SO good. I spent less than $20 for our meal.

The waiters and waitresses were very friendly and attentive. My water never bottomed out...and I drink a lot of water. She was on top of it!

The diner is very cute, clean, and the staff is super friendly and helpful. There's indoor seating, but not a lot. I did not count, but I'm guessing enough for about 30 people? There were only 2 in my party, so we were seated quickly. The place was full and stayed that way; we left and 10 more people were coming in. There's a dedicated parking lot across the street for additional parking.

I have been wanting a place to go for vegan pancakes, and now, with the exception of Mondays, I shall want no more.

Pros: Mainly vegan; vegan pancakes!, Ample parking, Very friendly & attentive staff
Cons: Limited seating (but it IS a diner, so...)

Dear Owner and Manager of Bragg's Factory Diner: