Try the vegetable rolls. Name in Chinese: 博味堂 Chinese Address: 朝阳区安慧里1区14-9号(近加利大厦) Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese

First Review by mumpsimus
xfjtjl
xfjtjl

Personal view

5 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2011

The food here is delicious, especially the "flame beancurd", "dry pot cauliflower" and handroll (for vegan, please asked them to leave out the salad sauce while preparing). The manager is very helpful and delicate. They do not use the 5 pungent plant in this restaurants, however dairy products are used in several dishes. Vegan do let them know in advanced and they are quite good in guiding us what to avoid. No egg are used.
Updated from previous review on Friday September 23, 2011

Pros: no 5 pungent plant, delicious
Cons: dairy products used
mumpsimus
mumpsimus

Peace at last

4 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2010

Bowei Tang is a lovely restaurant, very quiet and peaceful. I was so happy to escape the noise streets of Beijing for a short while. The restaurant is also beautifully decorated. Most tables are separated by long white curtains that are coming down from the ceiling.
The staff is extremely friendly, asking questions like what kind of food do you like, how do you like it prepared and so on. I am not sure whether they speak English though. However, the menu is both in English and in Chinese. Since I live near the place I will be able to review more dishes eventually, for now I tried some typical Chinese dishes because I had not eaten them in a long time.
After my dinner the waitress assured me that there were lots of other special dishes that I should try next time.
The pricing is a little bit higher than your regular restaurant in Beijing, expect to pay around a 100 RMB if you are REALLY hungry, like I was today...

Pros: friendly staff, very quiet restaurant, non-smoking

Dear Owner and Manager of Bowei Tang: