CLOSED: Boutique Viva Vegan...

All vegan retail and web store for cruelty-free shopping. Sells Daiya cheese, marshmallow, white chocolate, jerky, beauty products, books, belts, wallets, and more. SHUT DOWN/CLOSED NOVEMBER 2012. more-less
4148 Blvd Saint-Laurent (Rue Rachel E)
Montreal, Quebec H2W 1Y8
514-903-8426

First Review by Jennifer June
mandy2913
mandy2913

Product Providers

5 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

what brands does Viva Vegan sell? i would love to know this, thankyou very much ^_^

Pros: satisfies necesities
Cons: expansion
  • Reveuse Reveuse

Hello mandy,

They sell many brands, and the best way to see them all is on their website. All is available or shipping, but most of those are also displayed in their store: http://www.vivagranolaveganstore.ca/

I highly recomment it. Good shopping!

Michael X. James
Michael X. James

Love it!

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2011

Great place to visit if you get the chance in Montreal. Small shop that has a lot to offer. Visited in a recent trip to Montreal and ended up spending an hour there. Only one table if you're looking to eat a snack there but it wasn't super packed in there so it was perfect for my girlfriend and I. We each had mini-pizzas, got a dessert and a drink. I got the mini-apple pie and she got the pumpkin cream cheese cupcake (mine was good, hers was better). I also picked up a few vegan goodies. The only thing I wish we could change about this place is that it would be bigger and have more locations because it's great!

Pros: Vegan options, Good food
Ethan
Ethan

Fabulous Vegan Shoppe in the Heart of Montreal

5 Posted on 08 / 29 / 2011

Imagine my surprise and joy to stumble on this clean, well-stocked and nicely staffed store. From vegan marshmallows to Earth Balance, Gardein to homemade coconut ice cream- they have what you need and want.

Pros: Clean, Great variety, Good prices
Nyanko
Nyanko

Great

4 Posted on 08 / 11 / 2011

When I heard there was a 100% vegan store that was going to open in Montreal, I was reaaaly looking forward to it.
The shop is cute and clean, and there are a lot of amazing products.

But I must say there are very few products that you cannot find anywhere else. Most of them can be found at any organic/natural shop of Montreal(like Bio-terre or Rachelle Berry for instance) and the prices are the same, if not, more expensive.

I admit I only go there to buy their fresh products! Their cupcakes are a must, and if you get lucky you'll be able to eat their scrumptious croissants or donuts. Their sandwichs are a bit too simple though.

Pros: Cute shop, Every vegan product of MTL in one place, Excellent baked goods
Cons: Small (I want a whole foods in MTL! ;), Not cheaper than anywhere else, Needs more baked goods!
  • Kind Cindy Kind Cindy

Viva Vegan started out as an online store offering items people could not find at local stores, health or otherwise. They are the only place I know of in Canada to get Field Roast for example. They continue to do so on-line and at their brick and mortar outlet and though I agree that some items can be found for less at grocery stores (now,)Viva Vegan still has lots of items found nowhere else but online for the region of Quebec. I will spend the extra cents to buy items there just the same to support them. We need more stores like Viva Vegan, not less.

And yes, I would see them expanding more into their baked items business and leave some of the shelf fare to other stores.

Fraisie
Fraisie

Vegan paradise in Montreal

5 Posted on 05 / 23 / 2011

What Montreal was waiting for: a 100% vegan place to shop for food, personal care, animal care, books and attire. Their service is AMAZING as well. I had an issue with a product that I had bought and the lovely Brigit replaced it for me, no question asked. Careful though if you are trying to lose weight: you are going to be so tempted by their cupcakes and other baked goods, you probably be able to resist!

VegHelene
VegHelene

Amazing

5 Posted on 02 / 21 / 2011

Well, I could not be happier with Viva Vegan Store!
I'm a longtime regular online customer and I was floored when I learned they were opening a storefront in Montreal.

Shopping with them online was/is always a pleasure and I have never received such amazing service anywhere (and I have ordered from ALL the vegan stores on the internet).
I will continue shopping online with them as I don't live in Montreal but I know I will go shop in person again each time I come down for a visit. The owners are won.der.ful! Helpful, friendly, amazing, caring people. And I was flabbergasted to see that they have fresh baked vegan goods in store, like doughnuts and cinnamon buns! OMG! You have to try the Onion Cheddar Scone. They will even ship it to you if you ask.

Their selection is amazing and they confirmed it would only get better - I already knew that as it has only improved online over the years.
In any case, don't miss this vegan boutique!

Pros: amazing service, great selection, everything is VEGAN!
Jennifer June
Jennifer June

Boutique Viva Vegan

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2011

Cute little boutique with all kinds of snacks and treats from vegan jerky to vegan marshmallow fluff.
The owners are as sweet as can be.

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Boutique Viva Vegan Store: