Serves meat, veg options available. Opened in 1991 in historic Shockoe Bottom. Offer Daiya vegan cheese and all crusts are vegan (with the exception of the gluten free crust, which is made with egg). Try the portabella pizza which is baked on two portabella caps. Many of the signature pizzas are vegetarian, such as the goat in the garden and the maggie malay, which can be made vegan. Offers a wide selection of craft beers, including many local bottles and drafts. Free Wi-Fi and two large patios for outdoor seating. Every Sunday night features live jazz from the Butterbean Jazz Quartet, the house band for over 20 years. Every Monday night is stand up comedy, presented by the 9:55 Club Comedy. A large private dining room is available to reserve. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg
1700 Dock St (17th)
Richmond, Virginia 23223

Mon-Wed 11:00am-10:00pm, Thu 11:00am-11:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-12:00am, Sun 11:00am-11:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by RazDah

Bottoms Up Pizza

Posted on 09 / 14 / 2015

I must say I was excited when I noticed they offer build your own slices of pizza with vegan cheese as an option. When I got my reciept and noticed it was $25 for two slices and a beer I was no longer excited. Now to the pizza part - It wasn't THAT good. I mean it was pizza, but it wasn't good pizza. The dough texture is actually hard to describe really. Like it was thick but airy. Crispy but dense. Very thick, but not in the chicago style sense of the word. I would not return.

Pros: Vegan soy cheese, Pizza by the slice
Cons: Long wait, Expensive

Best vegan option around!!

Posted on 08 / 20 / 2015

Went there after along day of walking, the service was good and the pizza is legendary, especially the vegan cheese.

Pros: Crust, Vegan cheese
Cons: NONE!

Dear Owner and Manager of Bottoms Up Pizza: