Gluten free, organic, vegan bakery booth at the Logan Square Farmers Market; also sells as stores in Chicago. more-less
W Logan Blvd & N Miliwaukee (Logan Square)
Chicago, Illinois 60647
773-495-4615

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by SynthVegan
Sjstevens23
Sjstevens23

I LOVE Bot!!

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2013

I check out the selection at Foodsmart when I can. I'm vegan and GF, so sweets can be hard to find. I love Bots PB cookies and cinnamon rolls. Wish there was more of a selection at this store!! Keep it coming!

Pros: vegan, GF
Alessandrina
Alessandrina

Had High Hopes

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2012

Like another reviewer, I really wanted to like them as well. They've been regular vendors at my local farmer's market for over a year, and when I first happened upon them, I was thrilled. I was so excited to finally be able to grab a baked treat I could actually eat, while wandering the market.
Sadly, their products need some serious improvement. I really tried to like them. I went back several times to give different items a try, but each time I was sorely disappointed.
The cookies are tough and dry.
The savory pastries are too greasy, too dense, and have too much crust and too little "filling".
The cakes and coffee cakes are way too sweet and somehow manage to be both dry and oily at the same time.

The prices are pretty high as well. I'd normally expect that from vegan/gluten free products and a small bakery, but these seem higher than warranted, particularly given the quality of the products.

I bake gluten-free and vegan at home, so I know it can be done well - moist, springy (not disintegrating), light, and without overloading on fat and sugars.
It's great that they're bringing Vegan/GF out to the masses, but, at the same time, they're perpetuating the misconception that Vegan/GF baked goods are an unsavory substitute for egg/dairy/gluten.
Sad.

Pros: Vegan, Gluten Free, Really nice owners
Cons: lackluster/dry, products too sweet/oily, overpriced
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Bot Bakery

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2011

I'm sorry to say it, but the vegan baked goods are terrible. I've tried them when they were sold at Green Grocer and at their (now closed) restaurant, Great Taste Cafe. Both times I thought the items were dry and bland. I'll try them again to see if there has been any improvement. The owners are really nice too, I really want to like their products.

Dear Owner and Manager of Bot Bakery: