Coffee shop, cafe, and bakery opened in summer 2012. The savory dishes that are all vegan and gluten-free. Try the carrot cake cupcakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Beer/Wine

mrstwirth
mrstwirth

Favorite

Posted on 11 / 14 / 2014

My favorite vegan friendly place in the area. The food is always great, fresh, and service is good. The best thing in my opinion is that they label everything, so that you don't ever have to question what you are going to eat.

Pros: vegan, tasty, quick
Cons: little pricey, parking
veggie*
veggie*

Cute place, a bit pricy

Posted on 10 / 09 / 2014

I paid 8 dollars and change for a latte and a boozy brownie. The latte was great, and the boozy sauce on top of the brownie was wonderful, but the brownie itself didn't quite have the right taste/texture. Maybe it's because I'm not used to eating gluten free foods. On a separate occasion, I had a cupcake with similar results. The frosting was awesome, but I didn't really like the taste and texture of the cupcake. I'll try a non-dessert item next time.

The atmosphere is cozy and cool.

J and J
J and J

Everything dazzled! :)

Posted on 10 / 05 / 2014

We were in and out of Spokane for the last 2 weeks, and in our 5 days there we ate at Boots 5 times!!! We had pumpkin waffles (twice), mexican wedding cakes/russian tea cakes, apple cookies, thai rice sticks, spicy broccoli rice sticks, tofu scramble, macaroni, dijon potatoes, "Allison's breakfast," sesame cabbage, power greens, yam stuffed pasilla peppers, enchilada pie, corn chowder, a soy iced mocha, and boozy brownies. Now that's a list! But you know, we had to try as close to everything as we could! And with the huge selection Boots has, this was only about half of what they offered on any given day.

We love that their selection has steady options and new ones each day. The desserts are delicious and creative. The "salads" (what the dishes are called - anything can be served cold or hot) have amazing flavors. Boots knows how to use spices and is the most TASTY all-vegan restaurant we've ever been to. The tofu scramble topped everything! Everything we tried was excellent!

And best of all: everything is vegan! It is definitely worth a stop in Spokane! The people that work her are gems, so nice!

Try the pumpkin waffles while they are in season!

The flavors are fantastic! Keep it real [and spicy] Boots! :)
Updated from previous review on Sunday October 05, 2014

Pros: Wonderful flavors!, Creative, huge variety!, Fun and friendly environment!

TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

One of the best choices in town...

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2014

... mainly because it's one of only two fully vegan choices in town.

I'd have preferred a warm hearty meal after the long drive in but this place had more cold selections. Think salads. (If you're into that sort of stuff this is your place.)

Nothing dazzled. But it was all vegan which is dazzling in itself. And the staffer was very nice too.

Pros: All vegan, Freindly staff
  • J and J J and J

They can heat any of the "salads." We had warm soup, a piping hot waffle, and toasty enchilada pie on a cold evening. Better luck next time! :)

Serenathompson
Serenathompson

Great locally owned spot

Posted on 06 / 20 / 2014

I really enjoy the selection at Boots. Everything is vegan.

DianeG
DianeG

Yummy

Posted on 07 / 09 / 2013

I only have one night in Spokane so I searched out the vegan places ahead of time and went straight to Boots. Had a trio plate with curried veggies and rice, kale with garlic, and lentils. So, so good, and only $7! I will be back tomorrow before I head back to Denver.

Pros: Fresh, Price, Delicious
jenly
jenly

Happy to find this vegan outpost

Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

I stopped in here last week at the beginning of a week long vacation in Idaho. I was so, so happy to find it. I bought half the items they had in the display case!

However, I do think they need to up their game a little. I did not enjoy the dressing on the kale salad, the tabbouleh was extremely bland and the tofu fish sticks, made using frozen and thawed tofu so they would be extra chewy, were not as tasty as I had hoped they would be. I purchased two of the cranberry coffee cake squares but they were very sweet and we did not finish even one. Of the six different flavors of cupcakes I purchsed, my children liked only the chocolate peanut butter.

Again, I am delighted to have stumbled upon this little bakery, especially since they are in an area with so few choices. I hope they continue to improve and refine their menu and grow in popularity.

Also, the staff are some of the nicest people I met in an area filled with very nice people.

Kristin4Tea
Kristin4Tea

A Goldmine!!!

Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

I live in Spokane, and I never knew! There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy! We got 2 trios and a boozy brownie, and we didnt speak the entire time because our brains didnt have functionality left to communicate. All brain capacity was occupied in processing all of the pure, unadulterated flavor. Spicy, herbacious, savory, full-bodied, real, you just cant get this flavor from "flavoring" of any kind. Its my dirty little secret, but Im sharing it with everyone! Go here, and eat all the things! I threw my hands up and said, "stop world! I cant handle all this joy at once!" and then I shimmy-danced down the block.

Pros: excellent food, Star value, pure bliss
veganinseattle
veganinseattle

A Must Try Place In Spokane

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

I attended a conference at Eastern Washington University and found Boots Bakery nearby on HappyCow. I stopped by early in the morning and purchased six gluten-free cupcakes to share with colleagues. They were great - nice light texture and not too sweet. Based on this good initial experience, I came back for lunch.

For lunch, they offer a daily soup and a good variety of chilled salads/main dishes/veggies in their deli case. They offer a "trio" combo plate where you choose any three items from the deli case. I chose their veggie loaf with mashed potato topping, quinoa pilaf and a kale salad. I enjoyed everything on my plate. And, incredibly, this only cost $7 - amazing value.

Service was friendly and prompt. On this Saturday, this place was buzzing with customers. Definitely worth your time to visit and order some food and/or baked goods. When back in Spokane, I will make this my first stop.

Pros: Excellent Food, Gluten Free Options, Friendly Service
wildnjoyful
wildnjoyful

Vegan!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

Loved the food and the fact they offer a wide variety. Have tried the bbq tofu and power greens, delicious! Will go back many times. It's wonderful to have this place in Spokane!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, variety
Cons: service a bit slow
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Boots Bakery and Lounge

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

Alison is wonderful. I have met her a few times when she worked at Mizuna's and she made wonderful vegan chocolate cake. That's why I was surprised about the vegan/gluten free cupcakes from her lounge not as tasty as I wanted them to be. Perhaps because I am not use to eating gluten-free vegan food. The frosting was really good. I am not giving up on her and will return for other food.

Veggietaylor
Veggietaylor

Great atmosphere and great food

Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

This was a great place to eat and hang out. They don't have a set menu because they make their dishes from local fruits and veggies they also had a large selection of bakery sweets. The majority of the food was vegan and they also had gluten free and vegan options. The atmosphere was very inviting and the employees were friendly and helpful. I would recomend boots to anyone in the area

Pros: Vegan food, Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Boots Bakery and Lounge: