Coffee shop, cafe, and bakery opened in summer 2012. The savory dishes that are all vegan and gluten-free. Try the carrot cake cupcakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Bakery, Beer/Wine
24 W Main St (Division)
Spokane, Washington 99201
509-703-7223

Open Sun-Tue 6am-6pm, Wed-Sat 6am-10pm.

First Review by Veggietaylor
DianeG
DianeG

Yummy

5 Posted on 07 / 09 / 2013

I only have one night in Spokane so I searched out the vegan places ahead of time and went straight to Boots. Had a trio plate with curried veggies and rice, kale with garlic, and lentils. So, so good, and only $7! I will be back tomorrow before I head back to Denver.

Pros: Fresh, Price, Delicious
jenly
jenly

Happy to find this vegan outpost

3 Posted on 07 / 02 / 2013

I stopped in here last week at the beginning of a week long vacation in Idaho. I was so, so happy to find it. I bought half the items they had in the display case!

However, I do think they need to up their game a little. I did not enjoy the dressing on the kale salad, the tabbouleh was extremely bland and the tofu fish sticks, made using frozen and thawed tofu so they would be extra chewy, were not as tasty as I had hoped they would be. I purchased two of the cranberry coffee cake squares but they were very sweet and we did not finish even one. Of the six different flavors of cupcakes I purchsed, my children liked only the chocolate peanut butter.

Again, I am delighted to have stumbled upon this little bakery, especially since they are in an area with so few choices. I hope they continue to improve and refine their menu and grow in popularity.

Also, the staff are some of the nicest people I met in an area filled with very nice people.

Kristin4Tea
Kristin4Tea

A Goldmine!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2013

I live in Spokane, and I never knew! There's a party in my tummy, so yummy, so yummy! We got 2 trios and a boozy brownie, and we didnt speak the entire time because our brains didnt have functionality left to communicate. All brain capacity was occupied in processing all of the pure, unadulterated flavor. Spicy, herbacious, savory, full-bodied, real, you just cant get this flavor from "flavoring" of any kind. Its my dirty little secret, but Im sharing it with everyone! Go here, and eat all the things! I threw my hands up and said, "stop world! I cant handle all this joy at once!" and then I shimmy-danced down the block.

Pros: excellent food, Star value, pure bliss
veganinseattle
veganinseattle

A Must Try Place In Spokane

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2013

I attended a conference at Eastern Washington University and found Boots Bakery nearby on HappyCow. I stopped by early in the morning and purchased six gluten-free cupcakes to share with colleagues. They were great - nice light texture and not too sweet. Based on this good initial experience, I came back for lunch.

For lunch, they offer a daily soup and a good variety of chilled salads/main dishes/veggies in their deli case. They offer a "trio" combo plate where you choose any three items from the deli case. I chose their veggie loaf with mashed potato topping, quinoa pilaf and a kale salad. I enjoyed everything on my plate. And, incredibly, this only cost $7 - amazing value.

Service was friendly and prompt. On this Saturday, this place was buzzing with customers. Definitely worth your time to visit and order some food and/or baked goods. When back in Spokane, I will make this my first stop.

Pros: Excellent Food, Gluten Free Options, Friendly Service
wildnjoyful
wildnjoyful

Vegan!

4 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2013

Loved the food and the fact they offer a wide variety. Have tried the bbq tofu and power greens, delicious! Will go back many times. It's wonderful to have this place in Spokane!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, variety
Cons: service a bit slow
juliotnunes
juliotnunes

Boots Bakery and Lounge

3 Posted on 10 / 29 / 2012

Alison is wonderful. I have met her a few times when she worked at Mizuna's and she made wonderful vegan chocolate cake. That's why I was surprised about the vegan/gluten free cupcakes from her lounge not as tasty as I wanted them to be. Perhaps because I am not use to eating gluten-free vegan food. The frosting was really good. I am not giving up on her and will return for other food.

Veggietaylor
Veggietaylor

Great atmosphere and great food

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

This was a great place to eat and hang out. They don't have a set menu because they make their dishes from local fruits and veggies they also had a large selection of bakery sweets. The majority of the food was vegan and they also had gluten free and vegan options. The atmosphere was very inviting and the employees were friendly and helpful. I would recomend boots to anyone in the area

Pros: Vegan food, Atmosphere

Dear Owner and Manager of Boots Bakery and Lounge: