Serves meat, veg options available. Offers a deli case of mostly vegetarian food. The selection changes daily. The only meat item is organic chicken and sometimes fish. Many of the items are vegan. They have a coffee machine and many baked goods. 70's retro style decor and very small. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Organic, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by bagwasher
bagwasher
bagwasher

Not good for vegan lunch

2 Posted on 10 / 28 / 2012

I stopped here for lunch recently as we were driving through the area. They looked at me as if I was an alien when I said I was vegan and need me to define what it was. Everything in the deli case had cheese except for a bean salad which did not look appetizing. Eventually they found some barbecued tofu in the kitchen which they offered to me plain in a bowl. I asked for a sandwich but even though they had cheese sandwiches pre-made that were obviously made on the premises it seemed like I was the only person who had ever asked for a sandwich in that place. They did eventually make me a sandwich. The tofu was actually delicious!

It seems that this place expects you to pick from what is on display and preferably take it away to heat and eat, although they will heat something if you ask. It is more like a health food store with a deli case and even though they have tables outside and in for eating food, they don't seem set up to provide meals.

So don't turn up here expecting to find a complete meal but if necessary you can find a few vegan items to tide you over - they had a vegan cookie in the front display case and Tofutti Cuties in the freezer and a few other health food stapes as well as fresh vegetables and fruit.

Pros: health food store, fresh veg and fruit
Cons: don't understand vegan, not friendly, not helpful

Dear Owner and Manager of Boont Berry Farm: