Offers catering service only. Its vegan bistro in the Schrannenhalle market hall had shut down in early Sept 2013. more-less
Munich area
Munich, Germany

First Review by clary
apartment2504
apartment2504

Amazing restaurant very sad it closed

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

I went to Boonian just to found out it was closed.
I am very upset this restaurant has closed down, the service was always very friendly, the food was good and the location was amazing for vegans who went shopping and wanted a quick snack after. I heard that there are plans that this restaurant might be reopned in a new location which I hope will happen.

SG213
SG213

Enjoyable veggie lunch

Posted on 08 / 26 / 2013

Boonian is a pleasant, quirky little veg. place in the fascinating Schrannenhalle building near the central marketplace in Munich.

We ordered TexMex dishes/sandwich - they were tasty although perhaps not amazing - would have preferred something like grilled tofu here instead of textured soya chunks. However there were a number of snack options on the menu which looked appetising which seem to be worth trying.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the place has a nice atmosphere to it, the outdoor seating was pleasant and I would definitely come back here if in Munich again.

Pros: Nice food, Pleasant surroundings, Friendly staff + good location
Cons: More suited for lunch or snacks
shadowself
shadowself

Passionate people offering fabulous food!

Posted on 07 / 13 / 2013

I can only highly recommend this spot! Vegan paradise! Great people! Enjoyed the little chat just as much as the great food!

Pros: Vegan, sugar and gluten free options, passionate people

tryn ny ty
tryn ny ty

Simply amazing!

Posted on 07 / 04 / 2013

Oh Boonian, how do I adore thee? After traveling to five cities in eight days and struggling to find vegan options, there you were in the cutest little market just blocks from my hotel (Cortina, which I also highly recommend).

The staff was eager, helpful and caring, and the food was beyond delicious! For both lunch and dinner I ate the sampler plate. My favorites were the skewers and the lentil salad.

I appreciated having the chocolate cherry muffin in my bag the next morning for breakfast at the my hotel -- a girl cannot survive on french bread and jelly alone!

If you are in Munich, Boonian is your respite, your sanctuary from the meat-filled hills and valleys of Germany.

Pros: Great selection!, Fabulous taste and flavors, Super-friendly staff
christopherjboyce
christopherjboyce

V. tasty food with friendly passionate staff

Posted on 06 / 10 / 2013

I thought the food was really tasty and well-balanced here, and good value for money for a big city. The staff were extremely helpful and had a real passion for food and life. I felt good in this lively little place, and found myself speaking to other customers very naturally and easily. There was a great fresh juice stand just nearby so I felt quite complete once I'd left.

Pros: Friendly and helpful staff, Tasty and well balanced food
s_k_
s_k_

tasty choice

Posted on 06 / 02 / 2013

A delightful little place inside the Schrannenhalle. The day menu is tasty and very filling, and there are several snack options. People who don't speak any German may be put off by their Web site (which is, as of this writing, all in images so you can't even translate it easily). Don't worry, just go over! The staff are friendly and welcoming (and, like most restaurant folk in Munich, speak English).

One star off only because of the limited selection (since you may not like whatever's that's on offer), which is admittedly a function of how little space they have.

Pros: tasty food, good location for tourists, friendly staff
Cons: limited selection
Dushan S
Dushan S

Delicious food, friendly stuff.

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2013

While visiting Munich a while ago, me and my gf made sure to pay a visit to at least one veggie food place recommended by Happy Cow. Boonian was easy to find as it is centrally located. We weren't expecting much as it is a small place inside the Viktualienmarkt but the food was delicious and affordable. Stuff was very friendly and helpful, we even ended up chit-chatting with a cool guy working there. He even offered as a salad refill and their homemade ketchup. We highly recommend it!

Pros: Good food, Friendly stuff, Easy to find location
superbot
superbot

Above & Beyond Service

Posted on 02 / 18 / 2013

Not easy to pack so much options in such a little stand. The food is great but what sets this place apart is their staff. They now their food and are really nice.

Far beyond what we expected

Pros: Tasty, Super Service, Staff
Cons: Could Be Bigger
clary
clary

everything i love!

Posted on 01 / 18 / 2013

as i'm living and studying in munich i often need something for lunch or just to relax between lessons. since boonian is opened (dec 2012) i've been there quite often and always enjoyed it. the lunch (curry dhal, soups, special hotpots...) is sometimes a bit spicy, but i like that very much! i can also recommend the bbq soy meat, hot seitan sandwiches and the salads. i love the almond milk - you can have it as hot chocolate or power chai tea - and one time they had a mousse au chocolat, which was reallyyy great! they produce sauces like cranberrymustard, spicy ketchup (my favourite), smoked nacho "cheese" and many more... the only "bad" thing is, that they don't always have all the different sauces available, as they don't produce them in big amounts. but if you want a special sauce, they don't have at the moment, you can leave your number and they will call you, when they have it! prices are also ok, 5 - 7 € the lunch...

Dear Owner and Manager of Boonian: