Open July 2014, this is the 3rd Boon Burger outlet. Offers 4 vegan patties which are made into many flavors of burgers. Also offers poutine, chili cheese fries, hot dogs, soups, salads, and non-dairy soft-serve ice cream. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, American, Western, Fast food, Take-out

MMcCubbing
MMcCubbing

Easily a favourite

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2015

I found out about Boon just a couple months ago but, despite living in another city and not one to eat out often, I have been back half a dozen times. I have repeatedly taken friends and family (none of whom are vegan) with me and they have all loved it too.

The food has always been delicious and reasonably priced. On my first visit I actually kept my menu and have been writing down the rating for each dish as I try it. So far every single dish has been either a 4 or 5 except the poutine which earned a 3. I've only had the poutine once though, so I'll have to have it again for a fair rating.

The staff has always been very friendly and answers any questions that we had. I have even had them recommend some other awesome business in the area to check out and learned about a vegan shop in my home town because of them.

I have tried to think of an actual negative to post, but honestly the mediocre poutine I had is the worst thing I've experienced about the place and that could have just been a one-off considering the quality of everything else.

Pros: Delicious food, Friendly staff, Reasonable prices
Cons: Not in my hometown
Joanne Cote Bouchard
Joanne Cote Bouchard

Awesome!

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

I've been to Boon Burger twice and will be coming again whenever in town. The food is amazing, the staff is super friendly and the atmosphere is inviting. I live in Sudbury but from now on Boon Burger is the place I'll be stopping in each time I travel down south. Awesome place.

pilotguide
pilotguide

Great food

Posted on 09 / 30 / 2014

My first opportunity to visit Boon. Excellent service and quality food and portions. Flavour was excellent and very filling. Too bad I love a thousand miles away and won't be able to visit often.

kups3674
kups3674

Fantastic!!!

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

I have been twice and have enjoyed the food each time. The first time I took my teenaged kids, neither of whom is vegan. They had the poutine and the chili, but also said they liked the taste of my yummy Reuben burger. The gravy on the poutine was terrific. The second time I went with people from work: 1 Paleo, 2 health-conscious eaters, and 1 regular carnivore. A couple were a bit timid to try "vegan" food, but were pleasantly surprised by their burger selections. The portions were about right, and the seating comfortable and casual. I had the Greek burger on my second visit: also very good, but I think the Reuben will always be my favorite! The fries are baked, and quite tasty. Be sure to try the shakes when you go - the pina colada is especially good. The process of ordering at the counter and having the food brought to the table does not seem to be clear at first: some extra signage, or wall menus that can be read before reaching the front of the line might be helpful. All in all: good, tasty value for the money!

Pros: Large selection of tasty burgers, Yummy fries and gravy, Reasonable prices
Cons: Need signage re: order process, Wall menus would help
hickman
hickman

Yuck

Posted on 09 / 01 / 2014

Can't give this one star--but I think that is what it deserves. Expensive (even though portion sizes are big, still pricey) Service is poor and staff need personality and training. Food left us feeling bloated, yet hungry. Alas, I think that this cafe will not be in existence in a short period of time.

Pros: nice decor
Cons: poor service, food left us feeling yucky, overpriced
ohgingersnap
ohgingersnap

Very Pleased!

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2014

My boyfriend and I are not vegans, but we are trying to work towards a vegetarian/vegan diet respectively. I wanted him to see that eating vegan dishes could be just as tasty as meat dishes. I had looked at the menu online but didn't really know what to expect. We ordered our food from the counter(which I like, you can leave as soon as you're done eating!) and our food came in a reasonable amount of time. I had a Cowboy Burger with Poutine and my boyfriend had a spicy boon buffalo burger and the super supper-platter. We were very happy with the size of the burgers, however we were a little disappointed with the size of the sides - but it was definitely enough food overall, I just think the price was a little much for the sides offered. We ended up paying more than we would at a "sit down, full service" restaurant, but I think the quality of the food made up for it. It wasn't a cheap burger on any old bun, it was truly quailty food being served. My boyfriend was the first to say he would definitely go back. We tried each other burgers, and I didn't like his - too spicy for me, and he also preferred mine over his but still enjoyed his very much. I think it was because mine was a bean burger instead of tofu to be honest. Looking forward to our next visit!

Pros: Great sized burgers, Perfect Atmosphere, Friendly Staff
Cons: Smaller sides than expected

Dear Owner and Manager of Boon Burger Cafe: