Serves meat, veg options available. Has organic herb and fruit teas, in-house made hummus and salsas, organic soy milk for coffee and tea. Vegan options may be very limited. Vegetarian menu may be available, but they have changed owners (July 2013) and new menu was reported to be less veg-friendly. Reported open Feb 2014, but only during the day, closed evenings. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Western, Irish, Salad bar, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
34 Castle Street

ClaireMcCormick
ClaireMcCormick

Quality Vegetarian Food From a Central Location

4 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2013

On a recent trip to Belfast we were delighted to stumble upon the Boogalloo Bistro.

Ideally situated in a very central location we noticed a lot of Vegetarian dishes on the menu.

The owner was only to eager to explain that they were phasing the restaurant to being fully Vegetarian and that they were now operating a strictly 100% Vegetarian evening menu after 7pm.

We resolved to come back that evening and we were not disappointed.

There were 5 different main courses and starters on offer.
My husband decided to go for the red cabbage curry, while I went for the home made gnocchi.
The meal and the service was delightful and staff made everybody welcome.

We got chatting to the owner who said that herself and her husband, who was the chef, were Vegetarian as were the floor staff and being a vegetarian chef myself I can only say the food was delightful.

The restaurant is very clean with a modern decor, the clientele were mixed with a lot of students and a good atmosphere.

In addition you may also bring your own wine.

Overall I would highly recommend the Boogalloo Bistro as a must for anyone seeking high quality Vegetarian food in Belfast.

Note: I would rate 5/5 however due to the current listing of not a full veg restaraunt the site has restricted me to 4/5

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Great Vibe

Dear Owner and Manager of Boogaloo Bistro: