Vegan cafe offering daily set meals for lunch. Opens at nights for special events and occasions; no more a la carte burgers, burritos, etc. Also a library, (an official book crossing zone), bike parking, and an info shop. Check Facebook page for information on special events. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, Brazilian

bruno.assaz
bruno.assaz

Simply perfect

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2015

One of the sorrows of my life is not to live close enough to Café Bonobo to be its most frequent client. This place is just amazing! Not only because of the delicious food the guys serve there, but also because of the whole atmosphere it has, its strong ideology and the loyalty of its owners and cooks to the veganism, using only organic ingredients, along all these years. Going through Bonobo's doors is like entering the world that many of its regular clients would like to be the rule, not the exception: of compassion, equality among all species and very much peace and love.

Now, focusing on the food, I have to say that's the best vegan restaurant I've been so far. The food is really, really scrumptious, prepared with ingredients harmoniously combined and great care. Last time I've been there I ate an incredible lentil burger - I wish I could have one of those right now. I've never had lunch there, but all the comments I heard about it were great.

If you are in Porto Alegre please don't miss this restaurant. Highly recommended!

Pros: Excellent food, Amazing atmosphere, Friendly staff
camilabmt
camilabmt

The BEST vegan food of the world

Posted on 07 / 30 / 2015

Awesome place with the best existing vegan food. ♥

CaduCarvalho
CaduCarvalho

Excellent!

Posted on 06 / 03 / 2013

Here is the place were utopia is hidded... Excellent vegan food made with organic ingredients by the too owners of the place, without sub labour, and for a good price.

Pros: Excellent food, organic ingredients, good Value

anelisedecarli
anelisedecarli

True and Beautiful

Posted on 03 / 16 / 2013

Truly totally vegan, you can find a nice variety of really delicious food, beverages, t-shirts, stickers and other stuff. It's beautiful, feminist and bike-friendly.

DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

great food

Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

This place is runned by a long time vegan activist/chef and great person.
In my visit I was able to taste a delicious black bean soup with shitake and pasta for the main course. The pasta wasn't awesome, but was really good.
For dessert I had a piece of cake that was pretty good also.
Can't wait to come back.

Pros: great food, awesome staff
bgraziuso
bgraziuso

Amazing!`

Posted on 11 / 07 / 2012

One of my favorite vegan places in Porto Alegre. Amazing burgers and cool special menu nights! I also LOVE their ice-cream!

Portuguese: Um dos meus lugares veganos favoritos de Porto Alegre. Ótimos hambúrgers e noites de menu especial! Eu também AMO os sorvetes deles!

fernanda
fernanda
  • non-vegetarian

charming place

Posted on 05 / 07 / 2011

bonobo is a nice place to go here in town. the food is delicious (I recommend the veggie burguer with homemade ketchup) but you should see their webpage before going, because sometimes they close for a few days, a week or longer.

Pros: cozy place, tasty food
nspanee
nspanee

great atmosphere

Posted on 02 / 05 / 2011

our friend brought us to this place. very sympathetic owners and a good atmosphere. went there for dessert. they serve tea in nice old pots. the strawberry and blackberry ice cream was very good! our friend had something like a toasted sandwich with maniok creme inside and tomato n salad. very delicious too. would have loved to come back for a proper meal but we left the other day. you have to ring the doorbell to get into the restaurant. they have a nice library with vegan cookbooks or books about permaculture and more.... i could spend the whole day there...

Pros: pot of tea for 4 reais, delicious, cosy atmosphere
ieve
ieve

Perfect

Posted on 10 / 20 / 2009

This is one of the best vegan cafe/restaurants I've been to. For sure the best place to eat in Porto Alegre, whether you are vegan or not. The food is delicious and organic and the atmosphere is really welcoming. It's my second home.

I highly recommend the cacao-banana shake, the brownie with ice-cream (specially the peanut ice-cream),the burrito and the hot chocolate with almond milk.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, beautiful
Marcelo