BongoRoots

Serves meat, veg options available. Originally vegan only but has added meat to its menu. African Caribbean cuisine, casual set up. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, African, Afro-Caribbean, Buffet, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg
Eugenstr. 34
Tubingen, Germany 72070
07071977324

Open Mon-Thur 11:30am-3pm, Fri 11:30am-3pm, 6:30-9pm.

First Review by frieschmitz
TheVeganOfAus
TheVeganOfAus

Great, simple food

4 Posted on 05 / 29 / 2012

Simple and unpretentious food - a buffet of ragout/casserole type veggies. While it may sound uninteresting it was nothing less than superb. Oily enough to be super tasty without feeling like it was too naughty. Coupled with one of their malty non-beer drinks it made for a memorable meal.

I also tried three types of their own chocolates. The hemp version was very nice. The ginger version was too hot and spicy for me and I abandoned it after a few attempts. The lemongrass version was good enough that I'd drive a few hours out of my way to have it again. (Alert - the white chocolate is not vegan).

Tubingen is a university town so it has that fresh vibe throughout and it carries through into this place. I was there at lunch and it was not busy but I'd expect the evenings would be very exciting. The host was most affable.

All in all I was very glad to have visited this place.

Pros: Simple, Tasty, Lemongrass chocolate

Dear Owner and Manager of BongoRoots: