Mallorca vegan restaurant. Sources local and organic foods. Offers a daily changing 4-course lunch menu. Dog friendly. Reported to now be 100% vegan, Nov 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Spanish
Calle Sant Feliu, 7, Palma de Mallorca (Paseo del Borne)
Mallorca, Spain
+34-971718617

Mon-Sat 1:00pm-4:00pm, Thu-Sat 8:00pm-11:00pm

First Review by Mel
Spider Pig
Spider Pig

I will not be coming back so soon

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2015

Starting with the positives, the gazpacho was truly amazing.
Now everything else.
Choice wise, they have one menu only,and you don't even know the prices for the single items, and the waitress looked at me like I was ignorant just because I didn't know how their restaurant works. Maybe because we werent spanish.
The menu was 15 euros, which is pricey for me, so I ordered just the burger and gazpacho. The burger was extremely salty, it took like three glasses of water to wash it down, and there were no garnishes (?!). It was just a plate with a burger, wtf. It was 6€ for this!!
And I understand the place was busy, it was, but I expect some attention and comprehension. If you don't want to give that, at least have a menu I can look at.

Pros: Amazing gazpacho
Cons: Salty burger with no garnishes for 6€?!, Bad service, too noisy and crowded, Lack of choice, you get the menu or stfu
Ankaarina
Ankaarina

Worth a visit!

Posted on 06 / 28 / 2015

Was there with two friends and we really enjoyed it! There are four courses with two options to choose from. The main course was a bit too salty, but ok. Every course was flavourful and simply perfect. If you visit Bon Lloc in the evening, you'd have a lot more to chose from. The menu sounded amazing! Thank you Bon Lloc for a good service, good atmosphere and good music!

Pros: 100% vegan, lots of options, cheap
Cons: sometimea too salty
BastiLejon
BastiLejon

Food good, service not so good

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2015

The food was quite good, I'd recommend it. I had the lunch menu of the day where I could choose between two options each of the four courses, which was very nice.

The price was very reasonable as well.

The service though, was really, really bad. I'm not sure if it was because we weren't Spanish. The place was very crowded too. However, even when the restaurant got less crowded, the waitress didn't stop to ignore us. I took ages until she came back to our table even though she passed by at least 4-5 times each time...

I hope they're friendlier to other people, because otherwise it was a cozy little restaurant!

Pros: Taste, Price, Atmosphere
Cons: Service, Service, Service

ManuelLynch
ManuelLynch

Open since 1978

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2015

This is the oldest vegan restaurant on the island. Recently the owner brought in a new talented vegan chef named Toni Rodriguez. Here is a link to more info: http://www.mallorcavegan.com/bon-lloc-restaurant/

Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eBwPRWKhIo

Pros: Good food, Good Atmosphere, Good Location
Cons: Sometimes you have to wait
MangoTango
MangoTango

Worth a Visit!

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2015

The place is very popular with locals and tourists - and rightly so! Every time we went there we had to be quite lucky to find a free table so don't be disappointed if you go there and there is no space available. The interior is cozy and inviting yet modern.
The crostada which I had was very tasty, service was fast, very friendly, and helpful. The waitress spoke very good English so communication was not a problem although the menu was only available in Spanish which I'm not very fluent in. We paid about 8 Euros for two desserts and two coffees which is a very reasonable price concerning that food and beverage tasted amazing!

Pros: Close to the city centre, Reasonable prizes, Friendly staff and nice interior
Jameskille
Jameskille

great quality, great value

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2015

Fantastic range of flavours in the fixed menu we tried. great quality and value for money 4 course lunch (very filling) just 14€. Would definitely recommend and return

Misanthropia
Misanthropia

Almost perfect.

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2014

An overall very pleasant experience. In the middle of Palma, this restaurant is very easy to find, and offers everything one could ask for after a long day of exploring the island: great food, speedy and friendly service, and a calming atmosphere. We enjoyed our experience here so much, that we decided to rate it with five purple cows - despite the fact the waitress was wearing croqs! ;)

Pros: Great food & vegan wine, Fast service, Relaxing atmosphere
Cons: Limited menu
virre
virre

Stressed

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2014

This resturant is in a central location and is one of these one menu with few option places. When I was there they where very stressed.

The food was first either a juice or a Sallad which is what I went with. The second was two types of soup, I had the fennel soup which was so-so. Then I went with the polenta which was drained with a tomatoe sauce which I did not like at all (but others might like it) and then the option for deserts was presented but they realised there was only one vegan option so I got the banana cake. I hate banans, but to my suprise it was not that bad.

The stressed thing though, I never got any water that was passed out to all tables, or the chance to order anything to drink. Four courses without liquid was not enjoyable, though I should just have asked but I am a shy lone turist in this case.

I will not be back.

Pros: Central location, Know about veganism
Cons: Stressed
kakanros
kakanros

Great food, affordable!

Posted on 07 / 16 / 2014

Amazing food!
My partner had the hummus and ravioli while I choose soy burger and raw zucchini lasanga. The food was great (loved the hummus! Really good!), they didn't have the wine we ordered, so they gave us another, more expensive, wine for the same price. Not the best service, but not bad.
Big plus that everything is vegan.

I had an Amazing carrot cake for dessert, wich I recommend!
Both me and my boyfriend was very happy with the night, and he was really impressed (though he's usually more of a bacon loving kind of guy).

Three course dinner and two bottles of wine was abour 63 euro.

mik
mik

Awesome desserts!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2014

For starters we had three kinds of hummus and roasted pimientos. Nothing otherworldly, but fair enough. As main courses we ordered some sort of pasta ravioli style with pumpkin, yummy but could have been larger, and a spinach quiche with a plum sauce that could have been more prominent. For dessert we had a delicious carrot cake and a strawberry-based tiramisu which was truly something magnificent.

A couple of anecdotes from our dinner: they didn't open until a couple of minutes after the official time, so we were already thinking about what to do with ourselves. Our waiter was new and, while decidedly polite and friendly, really needed to ask before being able to answer questions. Last but certainly not least, the tiramisu was so great that I had to order one, after having eaten my carrot cake.

All in all, this place is clearly above average, especially thanks to the desserts. The fact that the entire dinner menu is vegan is obviously a plus too.

RomanKellerbnb
RomanKellerbnb

Abwechslungsreich, delikat und sehr freundlich

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2014

Wir waren in unserem Urlaub gleich zwei Mal im Bon Lloc. Nach unserem ersten Besuch waren wir so begeistert, dass wir gleich für die Woche darauf für das Algenspezialmenü reservierten.
Beide Male wurden wir sehr freundlich bedient und mit fantastischen Gerichten verwöhnt. Wir erhielten auch zahlreiche Informationen für weitere vegane Restaurants und Shops.

Thecosmic33
Thecosmic33

Simple good food, reasonable price.

Posted on 01 / 23 / 2014

We originally came in the evening but it was closed-check before you go if it's open! We came back the next day and had lunch and were pleased we did. Simple but smart deco, friendly staff. There were vegan options for each of the 4 courses. Rotating menu. Food was good.. Simple dishes that were done well. Reasonable prices :)

Pros: Inexpensive, Good location, Good atmosphere
JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Take Stock of Bon Lloc

Posted on 11 / 23 / 2013

Tasteful and relaxing surroundings; friendly service; a great value menu and well put together enjoyable dishes. Definitely recommended - the sort of place you'd go back to lots of times if you lived in Palma.
Quite a few reviews or listings seem to say that it's only open at lunch times. But we went in the evening - it seems to be open then towards the end of the week.

Pros: Tasty Food, Decor, Old Town Location
S. Ivson
S. Ivson

Nice Food and ambience

Posted on 10 / 29 / 2013

Tasty food, really nice waitress!

Cons: to much air-conditioned
njoy
njoy

good place to eat lunch in mallorca

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

the daily menu is always very tasty and they serve the food quickly. good experience!

BlokefromBristol
BlokefromBristol

Not too bad but service a bit lacking

Posted on 09 / 21 / 2013

We went to Bon Lloc on Saturday lunchtime while visiting Palma for the day.

We had the four course set meal which I think was the only option available, for a good value 14.50 Euros each.
Starters were either a hearty salad or melon, followed by a cauliflower or dhal soup. We both had the salad and one each of the soups. The salad was impressive and both of the soups were good.

The next course was either stuffed aubergine or stuffed potato skins. We had one of each but we both preferred the stuffed potato skins, although there was nothing wrong with the aubergine.

Dessert was either vegan chocolate cake or a yogurt dish.
Overall it was good value and we enjoyed the food, service was a little missing though. You get water on your table but you have to ask for a drink, they do not ask you if you want anything else than water. We had to get our own soup spoons and you have to go to the till if you want to pay. You would have of course known this if you have been before. This place gets very busy at lunch time on Saturday at least, so go early if you want a table.

Pros: Good value, Nice food
Cons: Service could have been better
poseidon
poseidon

Tastefull organic & vegetarian food

Posted on 05 / 20 / 2013

Very nice place to eat, friendly staff. For about 15 EURO per person you have a 4 course meal, made of delicious organic & vegetarian food.

Pros: Great food, delicious taste, Nice and friendly staff, Organic & vegetarian
Cons: Crowded / tiny shop, Parking
BlisterBlue
BlisterBlue

Excellent food & friendly staff

Posted on 05 / 11 / 2013

We discovered this restaurant by chance walking in the small streets of Palma.
The menu was composed of 4 starters, 4 main dishes and 4 desserts with more than hald being actually vegan!
We had the zuchinni/tof lasagna which was delicious and the carrotcake as dessert.
The waitress was very friendly and we felt reated like we'd already been here several times.
She was vegan which helped a lot when we were kindly offered a lemoncello after dessert, instead of the usual one whoch was composed of honey.
We went back to the restaurant the day after just to have dessert and the chocolate cake was just perfect!

Pros: Location, Staff, Vegan options
RalphWilliams
RalphWilliams

A very pleasant surprise!

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2012

Having been to different parts of Spain before, and tired of being stuck for choice between the Vegetable Paella and Margerita Pizza, Mallorca was a pleasant surprise and Bon Lloc in particular. The food was absolutely top notch.

We went twice, on a Monday and Friday, and the place was busy on each occasion. There are four courses, with two choices for each, and each distinctly different, well presented and cooked.

There was a different menu each day, which well suited us tourists who were only there for the week. I especially enjoy places that do wonderful salads, rather than the usual bits of lettice.

The chocolate cake for the dessert on Monday was particularly spectacular. I felt sorry for the other choice (a yogurt) - but not enough to try it.

Pros: Four courses, well selected and balanced, Price, Loction - right in the centre of Palma
Cons: A bit rushed because it was so busy
Yamuna
Yamuna

Nice ambiance and delicious food

Posted on 07 / 31 / 2011

Bon Lloc is situated in the heart of Palma de Mallorca. When we entered the restaurant we were really surprised that it was completely crowded. Of course this seems to be an indicator that people love to visit that place. Every table was assigned so that we were invited by the staff to wait for a short moment. The strong demand for Bon Lloc food might also be the result of only very short opening hours (1-4pm). The ambiance is very classy and constitutes a fusion of modern spirit, zeitgeist, antiquity, pomp and resplendence. The menu price was 14,50 Euro only ! For every course of the menu there were 2 choices. The plates were prepared very nicely and with love. The staff was friendly and willing to figure out what courses do not contain egg. The food was very delicious! Overall it seems to be a place that is better suited for vegetarians than for vegans but also vegans can find some food. It was great to get to know a place in Palma where only locals tend to eat. There weren't any tourists which was a nice and uplifting experience on an island where (mainly in touristic areas) a fast food battle is taking place.

Pros: excellent food, nice ambiance, friendly staff
Cons: short opening hours, small choice, suited for vegans (??)
bettinavienna
bettinavienna

recommendation for this nice place

Posted on 03 / 03 / 2010

really good food served mo-fr 13 - 16, friendly staff

Pros: creative yummie dishes, nice wine list, organic too
Mel
Mel

Well worth a visit

Posted on 07 / 19 / 2008

Although this isn't in the easiest location to track down, and not all the staff are helpful or smiley, this was the only veggie place we could find in Mallorca. And it was good enough for us to go two days running! It is more of a cafe than its photos may lead you to beieve, so isn't appropriate for a 'romantic meal', as we had hoped. But its a shame that it isn't open in the evening, nonetheless. It was crowded on both the days we visited, and we did see large groups turned away (you can book in advance). It offers a daily set 4-course menu (e13.50)written on a board, which helps if your Spanish/Catalan isn't fluent. You're offered a choice of 2 options for each course: starter (freshly squeezed juice or salad); soup (hot or cold); main course (eg a pie and a rice or cous cous dish) and desert (it introduced me to kefir - a tart and refreshing fruit desert, similar to a drinking-style yogurt - which was much better than the banana cake and berry sauce). Although it purported to sell wine, it wasn't offered as an option by the staff, so we made do with the free-flowing tap water. All in all a good lunch time stop, and as we arrived at 3 and others arrived after us, the 4 o'clock finish is reasonably accurate (although I wouldn't risk it much after 3.30.)

Pros: Good value, good portion sizes, healthy
Cons: some indifferent staff, busy, limited choice

Dear Owner and Manager of Bon Lloc: